• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

missygavin

I made it this time. Alternate last year and Nurse this year! Thank you to everyone here. Its been an enjoyable wait getting to read everyones comments! Good luck to everyone. If you didn't get accepted keep you head up and keep working at it!

Congratulations! I got Nurse too; see you at NSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leadblimp

if at first you don't succeed.....

keg party at my house for those of us who DIDNT make it... lol

see you all next year on the thread..
I'll be there but Im changing my name to 6thtimer! no lie it will be my 6th attempt. one day they will get so sick of seeing my package that they will just let me through.

Congratulations to everyone!

AvcAloes

I know EXACTLY how you feel!!! my husband got picked up for Nuke too and I'm going crazy waiting to talk to him!
What phase of training is your husband in currently? Mine is in prototype right now (although now he'll have to drop that because he won't be done before he has to leave) so he doesn't get home til around 7:30...I think I'm going to go nuts waiting!

cbaker

I would like to congradulate eveyone who got picked up for it this year. For those of you that didn't I will see you next year. Lets just hope that the Navy doesn't decide to wait so long.

Later,
Chris Baker

MR1(SW)-->ENS

FY-10 STA-21 Core Selectee
Need Some Help

For anyone who has been selected for Core, past or present, I need some info. so do we just go to college and put in a request for what designator we want to be? or do we get placed in a designator?? I'm send all my paperwork on monday and i depart for NSI in may/april whenever they make us leave

Brydown1

FY-07 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
For anyone who has been selected for Core, past or present, I need some info. so do we just go to college and put in a request for what designator we want to be? or do we get placed in a designator?? I'm send all my paperwork on monday and i depart for NSI in may/april whenever they make us leave

You go to college, where you will be exactly like a MIDN as far as getting a certain designator is concerned. Which means that you will submit your request of desired designators you want when you commission, usually the end of your junior year. Then when they have the boards for those, you get selected in one of them. And that is what you are in the end.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Congratulations to all that were accepted. For those inbound to ODU, shoot me or Brydown1 a PM when you get a chance.

For those who didn't make it, good luck next year.

By the way, now what do we do? There's no more stupid thread to check everyday :D

payableondeath6

What phase of training is your husband in currently? Mine is in prototype right now (although now he'll have to drop that because he won't be done before he has to leave) so he doesn't get home til around 7:30...I think I'm going to go nuts waiting!

He is in powerschool. He got out and called me at work about 20 min ago so I got to be the first to share the good news! :) Congrats to you! They will probably be at NSI together. We'll have to keep in touch while they're gone