• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

Bill3753

Ok, I just found out some great news. I got accepted to The Ohio State University. Anyways, it just about made my day. I say just about because, well, that brings me to my next point. Following finding out I got accepted (to Ohio State), I called the number for Selectee/Alternate information on the STA-21 website to find out for sure what classes I would need to include in a degree plan. I got all the information I needed and he said they are upset everything is taking so long, but hopefully Monday the results will be out. I said, "Wow, I heard everyone was hoping for today from Mike Paros". He followed it with a maybe, but not to quote anyone on any of it. It really didn't give me the greatest of hopes for the message to be released today. Apparently, VADM Fergusson just got back today so who knows. On the upside, I am accepted to Ohio State and I have an appointment to get me degree plan finalized and signed. On the down side no one knows if they have been accepted to STA-21 and it sounds like it will probably not be until Monday till we find out. I don’t know how to feel right now.

gjhouston

Ok, I just found out some great news. I got accepted to The Ohio State University. Anyways, it just about made my day. I say just about because, well, that brings me to my next point. Following finding out I got accepted (to Ohio State), I called the number for Selectee/Alternate information on the STA-21 website to find out for sure what classes I would need to include in a degree plan. I got all the information I needed and he said they are upset everything is taking so long, but hopefully Monday the results will be out. I said, "Wow, I heard everyone was hoping for today from Mike". He followed it with a maybe, but not to quote anyone on any of it. It really didn't give me the greatest of hopes for the message to be released today. Apparently, VADM Fergusson just got back today, so who knows. On the upside, I am accepted to Ohio State and I have an appointment to get me degree plan finalized and signed. On the down side, I, and no one else, knows if they have been accepted to STA-21 and it sounds like it will probably not be until Monday till we find out. I don’t know how to feel right now.

Congrats on your acceptance!!!!

I got my degree plan this morning from Purdue which was a huge relief because i was worried about getting everything in because they do not offer Nursing classes over the summer.

Now it will just be that much more dissappointing if my name isn't on the list...boo :(

zeroentropy

i called the phone number on the sta-21 website and spoke with a gentlemen who informed me that the board has concluded and they are waiting on the approval of 3 admirals. They hope that they will have them out the week of the 20th but it may be as long as the week after that.

we can relax until next week... Enjoy your weekend.

lol!

Bill3753

I agree with the irony of how much weight we are putting on these calls when they have done nothing but fail us in the past. I just figured I'd share what I was told. I still hope they come out tonight at some point, but who knows.

zeroentropy

I agree with the irony of how much weight we are putting on these calls when they have done nothing but fail us in the past. I just figured I'd share what I was told. I still hope they come out tonight at some point, but who knows.

Hey, no worries, I would rather hear something than nothing :)