• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

Brydown1

FY-07 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
My money's on that. You'll have to miss class to go sit at dental all day. There really isn't time for it. Back in BOOST, they told us to get the medical crap done, because there was no time in NSI.

My crown fell off in NSI and I spent two days working with dental. Waste of time cause it fell off again when I reported to ODU.

Brydown1

FY-07 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
I applied Fall. But ODU is pretty good because once you find out which NSI slot you are going in they were able to change it easily for others. Luckily I didn't have to cause I was in the May-July NSI class.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
I submitted my application for summer. I called them a politely explained my situation and they said that they would stick a note on the file and throw it on top of the pile. If you call the college they will more than likely be willing to help you out.

I got lucky and somehow the guy at University of Utah knew about STA-21. He was more helpful than most folks in the Navy...of course not referring to anyone here :)

smith1787

Future SNFO
So i figured out why this is taking so long. It only makes sense that because this is the first year i put a package in that it take the longest time in history to get the results.

SolongMC

NPC - Post Selection Board Matters Branch, PERS-833 Administrative Support (PERS-8331) COMM: 901-874-4856

Anybody think they might know an expected timeframe?

JJLindsey

I got a response from Mike Paros, the STA-21/NROTC Selection Coordinator this morning...

Good Morning,
As of 2 November, the NAVADMIN was in the BUPERS triangle - which means it has to go through 3 officials before BUPERS releases it. It is anticipated that it should be released by end of this week.
MIKE PAROS
Naval Service Training Command (NSTC)
STA-21/NROTC Selection Coordinator
COMM: (850) 452-9563
DSN: 922-9563
FAX: (850) 452-2486

zeroentropy

I got a response from Mike Paros, the STA-21/NROTC Selection Coordinator this morning...

Good Morning,
As of 2 November, the NAVADMIN was in the BUPERS triangle - which means it has to go through 3 officials before BUPERS releases it. It is anticipated that it should be released by end of this week.
MIKE PAROS

This has to be some sort of auto-reply, cuz this is almost verbatim what they said last week.

Vectra296

Good Morning,
MIKE PAROS

"Anticipated" and "should"... hmmm... I've heard that before. I really hope it is though- my husband gets his orders on Monday and we're interviewing in my office for an assistant (or maybe my replacement) Monday as well--- Also, my first time, so I feel your angst. I thought I was losing patience mid-October. Boy, was I wrong!!

loweryab

So i figured out why this is taking so long. It only makes sense that because this is the first year i put a package in that it take the longest time in history to get the results.

Yep, that's it. :) My first time applying too. They all secretly know how patient of a person I am so they decided to make this the LATEST RESULTS IN HISTORY!!!! Appologize for the yelling. Well, kinda.