• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

brian_burrows

1st Timer FY10
Good attitude...great way to get people to help you out. You will go far...

As for this post, upon further inspection you are correct. This is not the best way to motivate people. Thank you for correcting me. However, who are you to judge how "far" I will go in the Navy. What do you actually know about me? What course of action would you have recommended?

jake954

As for this post, upon further inspection you are correct. This is not the best way to motivate people. Thank you for correcting me. However, who are you to judge how "far" I will go in the Navy. What do you actually know about me? What course of action would you have recommended?

Really guys? Haven't you heard the saying "Arguing on the internet is like participating in the Special Olympics, even if you win you are still retarded". Anyways let's just play nice and hope the best comes of this opportunity for those who are deserving. If you want to provide constructive criticism that's fine, but just badmouthing each other doesn't seem to be the point of this forum.

jwac85

FY-11 STA-21 Pilot Applicant
Does anyone know of anybody that "turned down" the program because they were selected as an ALT and not a Selectee?

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
I'm not familiar with anyone turning down being an alternate. Every year many alternates are chosen to replace primaries for a variety of reasons. Plus if you are chosen as an alternate this year, your chances of selection as primary the following FY are much higher. If you are selected as an alt, just get all your paperwork in ASAP, and hope for the best.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
There were three guys that didn't show up to my BOOST class, no idea why. I liked it because I got my own room the whole time.

RCL813

FY 09 CORE Selectee!
Alternates

When I went to NSI in May I was one of about 15 or so alternates that were picked up for various reasons. No one I talked to ever considered dropping it because they were an alternate. If you do get alternate though, at the very least get your medical stuff done and turned in asap and start working on your schools too. When Ed Stratton called me to tell me i was selected from the alternate list he said part of the reason I was put at the top of the list (for my option of course) was because I was already medically qualified through NOMI and just needed to submit my course plan and acceptance letter before a certain deadline. The less they have to wait on, the better.

haubby

None
Contributor
There were three guys that didn't show up to my BOOST class, no idea why. I liked it because I got my own room the whole time.

One was a confirmed DUI the week of his transfer if my memory serves me right. The other two were the result of NJP unrelated to alcohol.

SkywardET

Contrarian
One was a confirmed DUI the week of his transfer if my memory serves me right. The other two were the result of NJP unrelated to alcohol.
A confirmed DUI? Holy crap! :eek:
Man, I take a completely personal "zero-tolerance" approach to drinking and driving now that I'm in the program. All it takes is one DUI-level mistake, over the entire three year period, and you're gone from the program. Why anyone would ever risk it, I don't think I will understand.

My basically religious adherence to zero possibility of a DUI has led to some interesting side-effects :)

OC/EMC

A confirmed DUI? Holy crap! :eek:
Man, I take a completely personal "zero-tolerance" approach to drinking and driving now that I'm in the program. All it takes is one DUI-level mistake, over the entire three year period, and you're gone from the program. Why anyone would ever risk it, I don't think I will understand.

My basically religious adherence to zero possibility of a DUI has led to some interesting side-effects :)

Not exactly. I have seen it excused and the offender remained in-program.

haubby

None
Contributor
Just when I thought Honor meant something again...

It's all dependent on the situation and the person involved. If an individual has a good reputation within the Unit Staff, well respected by their peers and most importantly NOT convicted of a DUI, then why take that person to mast and remove them from the program? Now if this individual has a history of screwing up and a reputation for a bad attitude, then they may just have sealed their fate even if they beat the DUI in court.

xtreme_rob

FY10 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
Board results..

I know the board convenes in SEP and results don't come out until OCT, but does anyone know when in OCT the message is sent out?

OC/EMC

It will vary. My selection year was posted/released on or before October 8th. The year before that, it wasn't until the 23rd or 24th I think. It may have been sooner than that because I was underway at the time, but yeah expect it on the 31st and be surprised when it comes early.