• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

cbaker

I applied last year and was not selected. I watched as three guys from my command, which were selected, tried everything from begging the school to hurry up, to getting a letter from the CO asking the school to expedite their acceptance. It didn't help. There were schools that just didn't care.

My personal advice (and this is what I did) is to apply to your #1 pick of your three colleges. It will cost you about $50 to apply (and if you are like any other sailor I know you have blown that much in 5 minutes at a bar before) and then you can get the ball rolling at your preferred college.

The issue I am having now is my college wants $350 to “accept their acceptance” and start on my degree plan. If I am accepted into STA-21, I will pay that in 5 minutes and do everything in my power to get my degree plan. If I am not accepted then I am out $50, at least I wasted it trying to ensure my future education. To me, that is acceptable.

JJLindsey

I'm a surface guy but have been watching this post for a little while now. Want to say thanks for some good info so far...good luck to all those awaiting results and lets all hope they come out soon.

Bill3753

I applied to my number 1 choice already. I figured the 40 bucks was worth it. I plan to wait for the rest. I do think it was a good idea to apply early, but if you have not already done so, there is no point to do it now unless you are selected. The result should be out soon. In my opinion, if you didn't do it at least in September, there is no point to apply until the results come out and you know if you made it or not.

JJLindsey

I applied to my number 1 choice already. I figured the 40 bucks was worth it. I plan to wait for the rest. I do think it was a good idea to apply early, but if you have not already done so, there is no point to do it now unless you are selected. The result should be out soon. In my opinion, if you didn't do it at least in September, there is no point to apply until the results come out and you know if you made it or not.

I agree, it is best to apply to at least your top choice early. I applied to ODU back in July and have just defered my acceptance while waiting for the results. This way when they come back and if i am accepted all i have to do is call them up and have the letter sent.

Bill3753

Speaking of results, has anyone made any progress with their calls and emails to find out when we might know. It would be awsome if someone could find an officially un
official list.

zeroentropy

Speaking of results, has anyone made any progress with their calls and emails to find out when we might know. It would be awsome if someone could find an officially un
official list.

Well since we didn't get a heads up on 314/09, it doesn't look like anyone has access to message traffic today. Sucks.

lnt337

Really? Because it's in there. It was a personal for to COs and OICs, but on safety stuff. Not STA-21 news. Does anyone know anywhere else to look besides NPC?

zeroentropy

Really? Because it's in there. It was a personal for to COs and OICs, but on safety stuff. Not STA-21 news. Does anyone know anywhere else to look besides NPC?

Thats what they thought it was. 314/09 is "MILITARY FAMILY APPRECIATION MONTH". We need someone who has message traffic access so we can get the heads up on these.

zeroentropy

I am just hoping someone comes on soon with message access. We have been fairly fortunate the last few days with people on here with access, and we have had heads up on virtually every new message. It would suck to not have someone with the early access when its the day results actually come out!