• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

jh81

For Cryptologic Warfare Officer, I chatted with my recruiter on Wednesday. The board has not convened. Good luck!

Hi - would you mind sending me a PM? I would bet you $100 we have the same recruiter from a state in the Southeast. I think the info we received may be incorrect based on the information presented here. For what it's worth, I think the Board did convene, but my chances of a Pro Rec Y are closer to zero since I have an outlier interview score.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

For Cryptologic Warfare Officer, I chatted with my recruiter on Wednesday. The board has not convened. Good luck!
Recruiters rarely know if a board has or has not convened, often they just go off of the schedule and say yes or no based on that.

There are times when a recruiter does know one way or another, a few times I knew because a board member was doing a command visit, or I happened to know a board member.

It is rare though, so when I hear someone say "their recruiter said the board......." I would take it with a grain of salt.

jzz001

Also, are they initiating security clearances for all candidates? In other words, if I’m currently being processed for my SCI and my references are being interviewed, is that a good sign? Or, are they just processing clearances for everyone, and suspending the process if you don’t get in?

Squirrel Girl

Also, are they initiating security clearances for all candidates? In other words, if I’m currently being processed for my SCI and my references are being interviewed, is that a good sign? Or, are they just processing clearances for everyone, and suspending the process if you don’t get in?
They do this for everyone. I would bet some of the people who applied for this board already had their clearances adjudicated.

Recruiters rarely know if a board has or has not convened, often they just go off of the schedule and say yes or no based on that.

There are times when a recruiter does know one way or another, a few times I knew because a board member was doing a command visit, or I happened to know a board member.

It is rare though, so when I hear someone say "their recruiter said the board......." I would take it with a grain of salt.

Thank you for the information.

Hi - would you mind sending me a PM? I would bet you $100 we have the same recruiter from a state in the Southeast. I think the info we received may be incorrect based on the information presented here. For what it's worth, I think the Board did convene, but my chances of a Pro Rec Y are closer to zero since I have an outlier interview score.
Thank you for the information. I did not see an option for a PM. If you know how, please send to me and I will get back to you.

jh81

Turns out in this case the recruiter would be correct.

That's an interesting clarification. I sent a private message to confirm, but I'm 99.9% sure I share the same recruiter as the previous poster only I applied under the 1835 designator vs the 1815 designator. In talking to the recruiter, I was also told that the 'Board did not convene.' However, the feedback from other individuals suggests that a Board did convene on Sept 20. Thus, is it possible that the Board met to select 1835 candidates but not 1815 candidates?

exNavyOffRec

That's an interesting clarification. I sent a private message to confirm, but I'm 99.9% sure I share the same recruiter as the previous poster only I applied under the 1835 designator vs the 1815 designator. In talking to the recruiter, I was also told that the 'Board did not convene.' However, the feedback from other individuals suggests that a Board did convene on Sept 20. Thus, is it possible that the Board met to select 1835 candidates but not 1815 candidates?
after looking at your message I looked at the screen shot again, what I thought said DCO results was not actually results for DCO, so carry on with the waiting and wondering.

GCJ8404

after looking at your message I looked at the screen shot again, what I thought said DCO results was not actually results for DCO, so carry on with the waiting and wondering.
I'm 1825 (IP) and was hoping to hear some news this week....it's kinda' scary that there's no information coming from someone in the Navy (recruiters or otherwise) regarding kits/applications. Makes me want to throw my hands up in exasperation.

jzz001

My recruiter emailed me earlier today. Told me he heard through the grapevine that we may get results as soon as this week. Fingers crossed.