• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2016 STA-21 Applicants

KlavianZero

STA 21 is a program that for you to submit a quality package requires serious commitment and a lot of leg work to get it all done yourself. I know that I put together an excellent package and worked extremely hard on mine. Regardless of how many classes I have remaining next year I will still be submitting for FY17 (unless I can stomach 3 classes at a time then ill be done). I like to think this program not only makes you a better writer and leader due to the administrative portion of it; but, it boosts your sense of accomplishment when you see an appraisal sheet or you hear what the boards have to say at the end. No matter what, this was a humbling process that everyone should have to do so that they can see where they truly stand as a sailor.

Just my 2 cents!

Matt

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
STA 21 is a program that for you to submit a quality package requires serious commitment and a lot of leg work to get it all done yourself. I know that I put together an excellent package and worked extremely hard on mine. Regardless of how many classes I have remaining next year I will still be submitting for FY17 (unless I can stomach 3 classes at a time then ill be done). I like to think this program not only makes you a better writer and leader due to the administrative portion of it; but, it boosts your sense of accomplishment when you see an appraisal sheet or you hear what the boards have to say at the end. No matter what, this was a humbling process that everyone should have to do so that they can see where they truly stand as a sailor.

Just my 2 cents!

Matt
Why should every sailor have to go through this? Isn't that what makes us different? We have an intrinsic drive outside that of the average enlisted Sailor. That's what defines us as applicants of STA-21. I believe applying is a VERY exclusive right that ONLY those with a suitable drive and spirit will gain from. Most will not be rewarded by the rigors of this application process.

I definitely do agree applying has been a humbling yet rewarding process. It helps affirm yourself amongst your future peers to hear/see/feel their acceptance into the wardroom. You will truly be tested and find more about yourself than you ever expected.

I wish you the best Matt! May you make the list my friend!

weq820

FY16 STA-21 Applicant, Pilot
So, doesn't look like today is the day. Brysonkgoforth, your release prediction is getting more and more realistic....

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
Hey everyone I just got this update from the STA-21 office:

Results are going to be released sometime in October! I know this is shocking, but hang on tight and they'll be in any day now.

ol'Dusty

I think it would be great if they did a documentary on the STA-21 process behind the scenes. Have it include a couple of features about different sailors through specific phases of their applications. There could even be a small biopic on ADM Boorda and the history of the program. Too bad I am not a cinematographer.