• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 20 IWC DCO Board

Reservist

Intelligence Officer
haha. Can you give examples?
Me me - I got an example... I was selected Sept 2018 and I'm still waiting to pin because of Navy Reserve Administrative issues relating to a release from enlistment. Been waiting on the last of four signatures for nearly two months. Still being welcomed to the club and arriving late is better than not being invited at all! Good luck! LOL

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

If I get the privilege of selection, I hope I can start my training soon before I start my new job. I’d rather just take it back to back. Also, how is drill? Easy? Flexible? Can you double up in a month to skip the following month?

Are you planning to start your new job any time soon? If so, you won't start drilling for a long time from now.

Drill depends entirely on your unit. My unit is large, well-structured, and rather busy. We don't drill at a NOSC either, so it can be tricky just to find time to head over there for administrative tasks. There's a possibility you end up with a unit that even as an officer has little for you to do. Yes, it is possible to resked and double up in a month, but if you're a busy DIVO with work to take care of with your unit, to some degree it comes down to if you want to be "that guy" or not.

haha. Can you give examples?

The long battle and dealing with multiple mistakes just to get my NMCI account alone made me realize there is no practical or rationally justifiable reason, at least in my shoes, to join the Navy Reserve directly to be worth the headaches. You have to really want to do it. Then there's the multiple occasions my medical record was lost, and then found, and whenever I do medical related things, I have to battle just to get my record updated. Or the multitude of portals, some of which have non-editable personal information that was entered wrong by some clerk somewhere. Or how I almost ended up not going to OTCN for my upcoming scheduled and confirmed quota, and had to do some gymnastics to move that process along. And there's more. As with all things, YMMV, but from what I know, my experiences aren't exactly unique from people entering the Navy Reserve directly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reservist

Intelligence Officer
Are you planning to start your new job any time soon? If so, you won't start drilling for a long time from now.

Drill depends entirely on your unit. My unit is large, well-structured, and rather busy. We don't drill at a NOSC either, so it can be tricky just to find time to head over there for administrative tasks. There's a possibility you end up with a unit that even as an officer has little for you to do. Yes, it is possible to resked and double up in a month, but if you're a busy DIVO with work to take care of with your unit, to some degree it comes down to if you want to be "that guy" or not.

The long battle and dealing with multiple mistakes just to get my NMCI account alone made me realize there is no practical or rationally justifiable reason, at least in my shoes, to join the Navy Reserve directly to be worth the headaches. You have to really want to do it. Then there's the multiple occasions my medical record was lost, and then found, and whenever I do medical related things, I have to battle just to get my record updated. Or the multitude of portals, some of which have non-editable personal information that was entered wrong by some clerk somewhere. Or how I almost ended up not going to OTCN for my upcoming scheduled and confirmed quota, and had to do some gymnastics to move that process along. And there's more. As with all things, YMMV, but from what I know, my experiences aren't exactly unique from people entering the Navy Reserve directly.
You nailed it Brother - you go to want to do it! Another fine Navy Day.

I can’t seem to find it online, but does this Board meet 17 March 2019? How soon and what manner is a candidate informed of the results?

That's frustrating. I'm coming off of active duty, so i'm familiar with some of the bureaucracy involved. So if i get selected, that doesn't mean i will drill immediately? Do i have to wait long or until i take DCOIC?