• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 20 IWC DCO Board

exNavyOffRec

My apologies that I wasn’t clear. Medical board selection results for med officers were released.

one has nothing to do with another, just because one board is complete you can't correlate that to when another board with be done as you won't even know if a board started on time or not as the dates listed are only place holders.

WAMI

Ive been out on the Ike as a civilian (GS) for the last 100 days, hoping the results come in while deployed. "IF" selected, Id love to swear in aboard and be able to start working on my IWO stuff - while attached to CSG.

WAMI

That would be awkward while underway, especially if you are a GS-13/14/15 (O4/O5/O6 equivalent) and have already established yourself.
Not really, since I would not be performing under mil status. Simple swear in and back to business. Interesting that you mention "equivalent". As a GS-14 and checking in to the CSG, "you barely made the cut for a state room"; they then placed me in a 9 man with the JOs. The rack is not bad though, better than I had 15-20 yrs. ago – better than most have. Im grateful

trakanon

Contributor
Hi I have been waiting for MEPS for an extended duration last update from recruiter here in South Florida is that MEPS is running on reduced personnel. There is also a new required form regarding covid. Before the MEPS all candidates are being tested for covid.

snake020

Contributor
Ive been out on the Ike as a civilian (GS) for the last 100 days, hoping the results come in while deployed. "IF" selected, Id love to swear in aboard and be able to start working on my IWO stuff - while attached to CSG.
If you're that motivated why not work on PQSs now? I'm assuming you don't deploy on ships regularly, so whatever you can get exposure on now consider doing it. Most DCO Reservists in your position would be envious for that opportunity.

That would be awkward while underway, especially if you are a GS-13/14/15 (O4/O5/O6 equivalent) and have already established yourself.
Why? There are plenty of Reservists who came in as Ensigns after being much more senior in their civilian careers, especially banking executives in New York and last year Reince Priebus.

WAMI

If you're that motivated why not work on PQSs now? I'm assuming you don't deploy on ships regularly, so whatever you can get exposure on now consider doing it. Most DCO Reservists in your position would be envious for that opportunity.

Considering I do not even know if ill get selected, I do not believe they would accepted PQS dates before commissioning dates.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Why? There are plenty of Reservists who came in as Ensigns after being much more senior in their civilian careers, especially banking executives in New York and last year Reince Priebus.

I was thinking it’s more unusual being that he needs to be gained by the local NOSC once he’s commissioned.

snake020

Contributor
Considering I do not even know if ill get selected, I do not believe they would accepted PQS dates before commissioning dates.

You can have your qualifiers teach you the systems now make the actual sign off dates after you commission, assuming you get selected. There is nothing improper about this. Creative thinking will get you ahead.

I am mentoring Ensigns who are having challenges finding sign off opportunities. Consider the opportunities you have now assuming you have time to spare in your duties at sea.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I am mentoring Ensigns who are having challenges finding sign off opportunities.
Do 1805/1815/1825s receive any designator PQS signoffs coming out of BOAT/CWOBC/IPBC? 1835s receive a good chunk of their Intel PQS signoffs from completion of RNIOBC (signoff comes from CNIFR N7, not IWTC).

All unqualified 18X5s should be participating in IWIREP to augment their IWO signoffs and knowledge. It's a solid program with access to experts in niche fields. They have improved it every year.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
Do 1805/1815/1825s receive any designator PQS signoffs coming out of BOAT/CWOBC/IPBC? 1835s receive a good chunk of their Intel PQS signoffs from completion of RNIOBC (signoff comes from CNIFR N7, not IWTC).

All unqualified 18X5s should be participating in IWIREP to augment their IWO signoffs and knowledge. It's a solid program with access to experts in niche fields. They have improved it every year.
I think about 60% of the CWO PQS is complete upon CWOBC if your command accepts those signatures.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815

CWOBC provides your a letter certifying your 100's of the CWO PQS book. When I got back, Command took one look at my letter and laughed and said, "So, our qual process goes like 'this'...."

If you're smart, you'll take your books to school, and get the sign-offs in there. I don't think Mario would have a problem with it.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
CWOBC provides your a letter certifying your 100's of the CWO PQS book. When I got back, Command took one look at my letter and laughed and said, "So, our qual process goes like 'this'...."

If you're smart, you'll take your books to school, and get the sign-offs in there. I don't think Mario would have a problem with it.
There was an official “no book signoffs” policy from IWTC-VB instructors. Individual units can and do set their own qual process. The memo that I got from CNIFR for RNIOBC was a suggestion (not directive) that my CO didn’t have to accept, but did. Unit COs also don’t have to accept 3500s from IWIREP if they don’t want to.

AMGunner

For IPBC, you receive a memo from the school house about what sections where covered but as said in other responses it is up to the CO to accept.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
There was an official “no book signoffs” policy from IWTC-VB instructors. Individual units can and do set their own qual process. The memo that I got from CNIFR for RNIOBC was a suggestion (not directive) that my CO didn’t have to accept, but did. Unit COs also don’t have to accept 3500s from IWIREP if they don’t want to.
Can't speak for IWBC, but hopefully P'Cola is different.

Yes, unit CO's have broad lattitude on how they run their qual program. IWIREP is in everyone's best interest; I've seen active-duty folks join in while waiting for SCIF access, so hopefully no one has an axe to grind.