• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 18 IWC DCO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

Pro Board only means the board has received and accepted a package. It means all the paperwork's there. Pro Rec Y means a board has professionally recommended a person for commission. NRDs do not forward every applicant's package to NRC - just the most qualified packages. It is possible to interview for a DCO program locally and not even be considered nationally if the NRD does not forward the package. NAVCRUIT 1131/5's are important but so is the OIC endorsement letter (specific to DCO). If a person does not receive 100% confidence from the unit OIC, the OIC is essentially telling NRC: "I may or may not have a billet for this person if he/she is selected." It has nothing to do with actual billets (since new accessions start in IAP status) and is more a filtering mechanism. If below 100%, there is little incentive for the NRD to send it up to NRC where selection becomes even more competitive.

unless this recently changed if a candidate meets the basic eligibility requirements the NRD is required to submit all completed applications to NRC unless the NRD CO holds a field reject board, and none of my CO's wanted to do that and put their butt on the line trying to know what the board did or did not want.

USNAVY

unless this recently changed if a candidate meets the basic eligibility requirements the NRD is required to submit all completed applications to NRC unless the NRD CO holds a field reject board, and none of my CO's wanted to do that and put their butt on the line trying to know what the board did or did not want.
All I know is my recruiter told me the specific confidence level I was given was the highest level the OIC gave to candidates including other recruiters candidates. So I'm not really sure how to decifer that..it was 85%

Last edited:

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
All I know is my recruiter told me the specific confidence level I was given was the highest level the OIC gave to candidates including other recruiters candidates. So I'm not really sure how to decifer that..it was 85%
Your recruiter sucks it sounds like it, which is not uncommon. Some are good at the job others truly suck at it.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this recruiter sucks. He/she is just mediating competing interests in a tough position. Supply and demand makes it hard for recruiters to spend much time on each candidate. I bet that OR has two dozen other DCO applicants across all designators - not to mention also supervising enlisted recruiters, late on DISA Info Awareness training, and trying to complete JPME I by correspondence. He/she is probably trying to break bad news gently.

The Navy IWC Reserve DCO program gets 500+ interested people each year who contact a Navy recruiter. That number is a wag because people lose interest and don't complete all the paperwork, get medically DQ'd, fail to get other needed waivers, etc. Of those 500+, maybe 278 or so qualified applicants will make it through the regional interview process, N3M, other needed waivers, etc. to be evaluated by Millington. All 278 are motivated people who got 9's or 10's on interviews, have desirable certs and degrees, have great work experience, have a unit OIC's endorsement, and bring other great things to the table. Of those, 67 got selected (53 for intel) in FY17... and there still weren't enough resources available to commission all 67 of them in FY17 so some got pushed to FY18.

Last edited:

USNAVY

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this recruiter sucks. He/she is just mediating competing interests in a tough position. Supply and demand makes it hard for recruiters to spend much time on each candidate. I bet that OR has two dozen other DCO applicants across all designators - not to mention also supervising enlisted recruiters, late on DISA Info Awareness training, and trying to complete JPME I by correspondence. He/she is probably trying to break bad news gently.

The Navy IWC Reserve DCO program gets 500+ interested people each year who contact a Navy recruiter. That number is a wag because people lose interest and don't complete all the paperwork, get medically DQ'd, fail to get other needed waivers, etc. Of those 500+, maybe 278 or so qualified applicants will make it through the regional interview process, N3M, other needed waivers, etc. to be evaluated by Millington. All 278 are motivated people who got 9's or 10's on interviews, have desirable certs and degrees, have great work experience, have a unit OIC's endorsement, and bring other great things to the table. Of those, 67 got selected (53 for intel) in FY17... and there still weren't enough resources available to commission all 67 of them in FY17 so some got pushed to FY18.
Guess I'll just have to wait and see January honestly is not that far away. Good luck to everyone.

shiner237

Now that I've been through this a couple of times, I've started going back and re-reading some older posts. Lots of good information! 3 more interviews to go until my package is ready.

kevincvk

Hi, does anyone know what are the dates for fy 18 navy intel dco board? I only see the fy17 dates..

17-251

IWC (INTEL/CW/IP/ OCEANO & SWO-IWC Options) DCO BOARD
9-Dec-16
16-Dec-16
16-Jan-17
To pick FY17 quotas

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
I heard the Intel numbers may be around 85 this year. All others look to be the same as the last few years.