• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 18 IWC DCO BOARD

USNAVY

And good luck getting all 10's out of NRD Washington, D.C. You might as well move to a location in another NRD.
You guys think i have a shot? And selection is not based on your location / NOSC? For example we need X amount or ONE of the following INTEL, IW, IP Officers for a specific location, etc

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
You guys think i have a shot?
If you do not receive all 10's on your panel interview(s) then no.

And selection is not based on your location / NOSC? For example we need X amount or ONE of the following INTEL, IW, IP Officers for a specific location, etc
That is not what I was saying. I was saying that people who live in D.C. will have a very hard time getting selected because the applicants coming out of NRD Washington, D.C. are, to quote OP from another thread, "pissing excellence." To get all 10's as an applicant in NRD Washington, D.C. means you also have to be pissing excellence.

exNavyOffRec

You guys think i have a shot? And selection is not based on your location / NOSC? For example we need X amount or ONE of the following INTEL, IW, IP Officers for a specific location, etc

Doesn't matter where, people travel to drill, best qualified is what is important.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

It's been told by numerous folks, either with recruiting or IWC DCO experience that your chances are very slim.

USNAVY

I spoke with one of my buddies today who is putting in a SUPPO package and he said he was told if you don't receive 10s then your package does not even make it to the board / or they do not review your package. Can anyone speak to this?

exNavyOffRec

I spoke with one of my buddies today who is putting in a SUPPO package and he said he was told if you don't receive 10s then your package does not even make it to the board / or they do not review your package. Can anyone speak to this?

possible, if the senior member tells NRC that he will not sign off on anyone that doesn't have 10's then he could tell NRC to not forward anyone that has less than 10's.

there was an AD Intel board several years ago where the senior member told NRC to pro N anyone with less than a 3. something GPA

USNAVY

possible, if the senior member tells NRC that he will not sign off on anyone that doesn't have 10's then he could tell NRC to not forward anyone that has less than 10's.

there was an AD Intel board several years ago where the senior member told NRC to pro N anyone with less than a 3. something GPA
I see...would you still end up with a PRO-BOARD status? My recruiter submitted and said he would let me know as soon as we have a status.

shiner237

Just got done with MEPS and interviews are starting to get scheduled. I should be done with my package by EOM. Feeling accomplished!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Pro Board only means the board has received and accepted a package. It means all the paperwork's there. Pro Rec Y means a board has professionally recommended a person for commission. NRDs do not forward every applicant's package to NRC - just the most qualified packages. It is possible to interview for a DCO program locally and not even be considered nationally if the NRD does not forward the package. NAVCRUIT 1131/5's are important but so is the OIC endorsement letter (specific to DCO). If a person does not receive 100% confidence from the unit OIC, the OIC is essentially telling NRC: "I may or may not have a billet for this person if he/she is selected." It has nothing to do with actual billets (since new accessions start in IAP status) and is more a filtering mechanism. If below 100%, there is little incentive for the NRD to send it up to NRC where selection becomes even more competitive.

Last edited:

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
If a person does not receive 100% confidence from the unit OIC, the OIC is essentially telling NRC: "I may or may not have a billet for this person if he/she is selected." It has nothing to do with actual billets (since new accessions start in IAP status) and is more a filtering mechanism. If below 100%, there is little incentive for the NRD to send it up to NRC where selection becomes even more competitive.
This has been the case for years and has not changed.