• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 15 AEDO/AMDO board

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Citizen Sailor, Gentleman Farmer
Good morning! New member here, but I've been reading and educating myself for the site for a few months now. The previous 160 post AMDO thread was very helpful for giving me a perspective for what to expect as far as timelines and boards. I thought it was a good idea to start a new one.

Little about myself. 10 year navy vet AQ/AT 1990-2000. NAVAIR Civ since 2000 supporting F-18. BS Pro Aero ERAU, MAS ERAU and just completed MA with Naval War College.
I signed a Emergency Essential form in 2000 that stated I would not join the reserves as a condition of employment, otherwise I would have been drilling and probably retired by now. As soon as I figured out that the command had done away with the EE clause, I called the Navy recruiter. After navigating the land of bogus gouge for a few months, I finally got the local OR on the phone and started the process of putting together my package. That is all complete and I was expecting the board to convene in Feb. Found out last week the board 15-203 is either delayed or canx. After reading the previous AMDO thread, this looks normal.

My question is, does anyone know if the board will be delayed or will this roll into the next board 15-204 in August 21 2015?

Looking forward to serving!

As per the FY15 DCO Board Schedule, The next AMDO/AEDO Board is board 15-204 and it will be held 21AUG. Applications are due to NRC no later than 8JUL.
HR

BigTooona

Reserve AEDO
Got an email response from our OR yesterday and he said my packet was at board and it was still scheduled for 14 May. Hope that's accurate and that it's not delayed until August like the earlier poster indicated!

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Thanks for the info Tooona.
I've resisted contacting OR, the last few weeks have been flying by. I'm trying not to think about the board much, so not to risk time slowing down. ;)

One week!

BigTooona

Reserve AEDO
I know what you mean, I've just been trying to ping him every few weeks to make sure the date hasn't slipped any. He also said that results should be expected 2-3 weeks from board conclusion, and that I could hear before him. But looking through the other threads on here, seems like some folks have found out within a week or so by asking their OR. Either way, excited for the results! And good luck!!

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

I kind of thought a week myself was the timeframe to get results, but Ive seen others that waited longer. Ill probably call next week just to make sure the board did not get pushed.

Good Luck to you also!

BigTooona

Reserve AEDO
We can alternate weeks of contacting the LT so we don't get on his nerves ha. Keep me posted on anything you find out and I'll do the same.

BigTooona

Reserve AEDO
I was looking through the OCS FAQs document (http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n...NRC N315 Fleet OCS FAQs - 24Jun14 update.docx) on the link with the board schedule you posted earlier and found the following:

"Approximately one week after a professional recommendation board concludes, an applicant will receive via BOL, under the Selection Boards page, either a "Y" if professionally recommended or an "N" if not professionally recommended."

I believe the FAQs are for active sailors looking to go OCS, but I assume the DCO boards would follow a similar time frame.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

I would assume the timeframes are the same.

I have participated on many selection boards with hiring and promotions of GS civil servants. If this process is anything like that, then there is no reliable timeline, lol.

We have had guys contacted by HR that day, or it could be 3 weeks. USA jobs sometimes gives applicants information immediately on select or non select, sometimes the status is never updated.