• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future Pilot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiz

i am a currently a freshan in college and going to sign a PLC air contract, and I was recenly told by a so called pilot that since i dont know much about flying or radar that, i wont make it. so my question is how much knowlege about flying do you need to have to be succesful in flight school? and has any one ever heard of Jeffery Mires/Clip Wood?

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Thats bullshit Wiz. I would imagine I know a lot more about aviation than many people before they go through flight school, and a lot less than others too. Just go for it and do you best. If you got a aviation contract I am sure you will be able to make it. If anything stops you it will not be something as trivial as not having experience with avionics.

Adrenaline Rush

hornet, that was very uncalled for, everyone here is entitled to their own opinion, and should be allowed to voice it without being cursed out

Paul Burke

If you have an interest in aviation then it will be only natural that your curiosity will drive you to learning more about it. The best thing you can do for yourself and your flying career right now is to do good in school. Don't let someone's negative attitude steer you away from anything you want to do.

Hornetrider- Have you ever been to FALLON?

grouch

Radar is that little kid on MASH and he is not needed for flight. I'm sure Pat is as worried as I am for all those glider guys that seem to fly quite well without radar. Then there is the ultralight guys, the baloon guys, the hang glider guys, the old guys in their cubs with no radios, all those student pilots on their first solo cross country that are to afraid to talk on the radios to pick up flight following, and all the mail planes in the thirties that followed bonfires at night for navigation in bad weather.......the list is too long to list.

grouch

Look you little dingleberry, Pat does not want to learn about you. He is mearly trying to get you to qualify yourself, and he did that quite nicely. Your rapier wit is truly impressive. I have not seen a retort like that in a great while. Bravo young man!

grouch

Don't worry Pat. You know the youth of today have short attention spans. About the worst this maggot could manage is to spit in your fries at the drive through. The call of the paintball forum will lure this treasure from us.

Valion310

Here's the ultimate test on if someone has been to Fallon or not, what happens on Wed nights at the Depot? Hee hee ... RUUUNNN AAWWWAAYYY!

Valion310

Hey Wiz,

Go with what our regulars said, don't let some body's bad advice convience you you have no place in a cockpit. I've been around military pilots my whole life and the vast majority of them never even sat forward of row 20 in an airplane, much less know how to fly them or abour radar, weather, or a million other things you could imagine before they had their first day of flight school, and they were by far some of the best pilots I could have ever met. Learn what you can before you ship and do the best you can. I even came out of the F/A-18 community and spent my life with an interest in aviation, and now that I'm learning the fundamentals of how to fly and all the little knick knacks that go with it, I've got a WHHOOOLLLEEE new respect for pilots - but I absolutly love every challenge I am facing in the books and in the cockpit.

As for Hornetrider ... heh ... I got Pat's back on this one, you wanna get into prov'n stuff on here (which isn't called for), I'll drill you on Hornet info buddy. Read my name for starters, if you even know what it is! (starts laughing like Dr Evil and gang!!)

Valion310 ready to go at Alpha1 -

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Looks like I "missed" the bandwidth-wasting parts. I have a feeling he won't be around for too long.

Wiz:

Like others have said, the program is designed for the uninitiated. I've seen guys who've never touched an airplane and are fantastic sticks, while others who have hundreds of hours can't fly their way out of a paper bag. Don't sweat it. And as a Marine and you go Helo's (which is possible), I don't think you'll see a radar...well, maybe the skid kids, but I'm not sure if the Huey has it or not. I'd doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.