• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FRS's and Possible Duty Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Not according to our NAPP officer.. there are 2 more Prowler slots for the next two wingings.

Maybe for you fellas in Meridian that is the case..I actually got to see the spreadsheet of slots for the next six months here at the Wing...for the Navy slots that is...the Marines...well we aren't as organized it seems...

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
brd2881 said:
Maybe for you fellas in Meridian that is the case..I actually got to see the spreadsheet of slots for the next six months here at the Wing...for the Navy slots that is...the Marines...well we aren't as organized it seems...

well don't worry, one can magical pop up from nowhere

like mine

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Mefesto said:
The two retreads at Krock looking to go back Prowlers... you guys talking about BH and ST? (their initials)... went through primary with both... awsome to hang out with.

yep

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mefesto said:
The two retreads at Krock looking to go back Prowlers... you guys talking about BH and ST? (their initials)... went through primary with both... awsome to hang out with.
Know both, went through the RAG w/ BH. I think out of that year's transition group (4 ECMO to Pilot that I know of), at least 3 are going back to Prowlers. Gotta love the brand loyalty. Pay attention, Punk. ;) Plus, keeping all your old quals doesn't exactly suck either.

Brett

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Brett327 said:
Know both, went through the RAG w/ BH. I think out of that year's transition group (4 ECMO to Pilot that I know of), at least 3 are going back to Prowlers. Gotta love the brand loyalty. Pay attention, Punk. ;) Plus, keeping all your old quals doesn't exactly suck either.

Brett

Sounds like they're addicted to flight school! 2 years for NFO wings, a year in the RAG, two more years for pilot wings, another year at 129, fleet tour, then another 6 months or so back at the RAG transitioning to the G. That's living the good life.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dawgfan said:
Sounds like they're addicted to flight school! 2 years for NFO wings, a year in the RAG, two more years for pilot wings, another year at 129, fleet tour, then another 6 months or so back at the RAG transitioning to the G. That's living the good life.
Yeah, not how I'd choose to do things. My bet is that these folks have bought themselves positions in the last remaining Prowler squadron (i.e., they'll never see the inside of a G model). If I know anything about how detailers/ROs work, they'll be flagged as "already got their good deal." Transitions also have weird timing for follow-on tours and I've seen several of them get screwed out of a competitive FITREP at the DH stage. Hope it's all worth it.

Brett

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mefesto said:
There's a dude spreading the rumor that there's another S-3 spot coming down the pipe. Ready room gouge... Isn't the RAG closed?

The S-3 RAG won't close until late 2006 or so. There are still students there training. Not so much CAT I studs (only 2 pilot ones left I hear), but CAT III, IV, etc.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
You can scratch VF 101 off of the Oceana Rags flow. It only VFA-106 now. The E/F side of 106 took VF-101's place. The good deal about the E/F side is that most of the IP / IWSO's are 14 retreads. Talk about a great atmosphere to train guys! Some of my buddies on the C / Junior Varsity side of the house cant stand it.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
EODDave said:
Some of my buddies on the C / Junior Varsity side of the house cant stand it.

F/A-18C is JV? LOL, shut up and give me some gas! and fix those canted pylons, maybe then you can outperform me

:)

S/F!

airwinger

pilot
Brett327 said:

Brett

Hmm talked to one of the lads and he definitely did not ask for the slot didn't who was who, but he was a kingsville retread

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
airwinger said:
Hmm talked to one of the lads and he definitely did not ask for the slot didn't who was who, but he was a kingsville retread

Two of the retreads asked to go back to Prowlers, one who didn't. That's the one whom you are talking about. I was in the VT's with him, good guy. He just didn't want to come back here is all.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Punk said:
Two of the retreads asked to go back to Prowlers, one who didn't. That's the one whom you are talking about. I was in the VT's with him, good guy. He just didn't want to come back here is all.
I suspect that him being a Level V might have had something to do with that.

Brett

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
sac14195 said:
anyone know how to get selected for japan?

do well at the boat, that's step one

and they hardly will ever turn down a volunteer for Japan, that is along as you did step one

Status
Not open for further replies.