• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Frozen Fox

Raptor2216

I am getting commissioned in a few weeks and I doubt i'll be heading to TBS this year. If I get out there next year then it will most likely be in january and i had thought that Fox co. picks up at that point. Is this correct?

Since i'm an air contract, I have to complete IFS prior to starting my training at TBS. If I get the january class, then will I be sent out to quantico over the winter holidays? Since we are given two months for IFS, do we have to take the entire time to complete the training or can we go ahead and speed it up if we want and finish early?

Finally, what is the next company after fox and when do they pick up?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fox picks up in Sept but most of your field evolutions will be Nov-Jan. It sucks

Alpha usually picks up in Nov almost as cold

Raptor2216

skidkid said:
Fox picks up in Sept but most of your field evolutions will be Nov-Jan. It sucks

Alpha usually picks up in Nov almost as cold

So, which company picks up in Jan or Feb??

vvmountainvv

yeah, bravo is january timeframe and charlie comes after that...as for IFS you can't really speed it up much, you will go there pretty much everyday and fly as often as possible, it just ends up taking almost everybody 2 months to do, especially when you have to wait a week or more for the perfect weather conditions to do your XC solo.

Raptor2216

I was hoping to start with alpha b/c I have a few friends who are with orders to alpha but I don't know how likely it is that I will end up there. Although, I don't mind waiting a bit and just having some fun at home. Thanks for the info though. I guess I will find out after I get commissioned. Eitherway, thanks for the info.

vsoJ said:
TBS Companys
Nov - Alpha picks up
Jan - Bravo picks up
April - Charlie
June - Delta
July - Echo

If you get commissioned in a few weeks figure on waiting until around November or later before reporting to TBS (situation dependant). Once you are at TBS you will do one of two things.
A) You could pick up IFS immediately and hopefully get done in 2 months (winter in Quantico is not a nice time to fly, lots of cancelled flights) and then when done with that, say Jan / Feb be ready to pick up with a training company. Unfortunately, Bravo picks up early in Jan and unless you report earlier you might get pushed back to Charlie. In this case you will just sit in Mike Company in the mean time.
B) You could pick up with a training company immediately after arriving at TBS in November, Alpha Company more than likely, and hopefully complete training by mid-June. At that point you would then do IFS after TBS, either in Quantico or get shipped to Pensacola to do it there.

Then again it is also possible that you might have to wait to report to TBS until Jan, placing you in either Bravo Company if you do IFS after or in Charlie if they have you do it before.

If you have to do IFS in the winter you WILL NOT be able to rush it along at all, weather will cancell flights and slow things down alot. If they have you do IFS after TBS (which is very possible given weather considerations) then it is possible to accelerate it by maybe a week or two but not much more than that. Hope that helps, feel free to ask me anything else. I did IFS before Alpha this year.