• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

From undesignated to officer

SELRES_AMDO

I knew two different people who had Ivy league degrees who enlisted to go to BUDS. Neither made it. They were sent to the fleet and eventually picked up for OCS.

At least a few people in my boot camp division back in 2006 had college degrees but bought the recruiters line about trying different jobs and the Navy prefers prior enlisted for Officer ranks. One was premed and was applying to med schools when the recruiter convinced him going enlisted was a solid path to being a Dr.

exNavyOffRec

I knew two different people who had Ivy league degrees who enlisted to go to BUDS. Neither made it. They were sent to the fleet and eventually picked up for OCS.

At least a few people in my boot camp division back in 2006 had college degrees but bought the recruiters line about trying different jobs and the Navy prefers prior enlisted for Officer ranks. One was premed and was applying to med schools when the recruiter convinced him going enlisted was a solid path to being a Dr.
When it comes to trying to become a SEAL it is in fact easier to get there going enlisted vice officer, not the physical part but the path to arriving at BUDS is easier going enlisted, once you walk through the gate all bets are off.

notacoverband

I enlisted with a Masters, but I wanted something very specific (language training) and got it and accession into a specific community. Now applying to OCS but love going to work every day and what I do so if I don't get picked up, I'm still a million times happier than when I was a teacher lol.