• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Form 3 Error

MettGT

pilot
I took Form 3 yesterday and came across an error in the supplemental section. The question was something to the effect of "What is the closest approximation to a)0.0035 b)0.03 c)0.8 d)0.85" but gave nothing to compare the answers to. I did a search and found that this problem appeared when the test first came out. I just figured it would have been fixed by now - what gives?

Also, what is the proper way to overtake a slower aircraft? I couldn't find anything useful with a search.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
hmm dunno about the first one, but I'm pretty sure for the second you "give way" and pass it on the right.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
When overtaking a small aircraft you pass to the right.

Unless you're a jack ass Hornet guy that decides to come from below and light the 'burners in a climb right in front of you. I drank two pints of beer that night in his honor. But hey, to be fair, at least he didn't make my TCAS go off..... "pull up! pull up! <beep beep> pull up!"

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
With regards to overtaking a slower aircraft, the word "gunfire" actually came to mind.

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
I took Form 3 yesterday and came across an error in the supplemental section. The question was something to the effect of "What is the closest approximation to a)0.0035 b)0.03 c)0.8 d)0.85" but gave nothing to compare the answers to. I did a search and found that this problem appeared when the test first came out. I just figured it would have been fixed by now - what gives?

Don't the supplemental sections vary? Could that error just be unique to that section? I took Form 3, but my Supplemental Section was Reading Comprehension, so I wouldn't have had questions to that effect.

Red

MettGT

pilot
Don't the supplemental sections vary? Could that error just be unique to that section? I took Form 3, but my Supplemental Section was Reading Comprehension, so I wouldn't have had questions to that effect.

Red

I would suppose that they would be different depending on which form of the supplemental section you took. I had Form AA for my supplemental section and it had a variety of questions, not just one particular type.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
I would suppose that they would be different depending on which form of the supplemental section you took. I had Form AA for my supplemental section and it had a variety of questions, not just one particular type.

Were there 12 questions in your AA supplemental section?:D

Actually I think I had that very same error in my test over a year ago...go figure..

MettGT

pilot
Were there 12 questions in your AA supplemental section?:D

Actually I think I had that very same error in my test over a year ago...go figure..

Hmmm....I did think it was a little odd for the test to be questioning my drinking habits now that I think about it.

Conaway

Also, what is the proper way to overtake a slower aircraft? I couldn't find anything useful with a search.

I had that exact same question. If "WTF" had been a response, I would have definately put that. That question had to have been a typo.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Perhaps it is asking which is the most exact out of all of the options. If so, it seems that since "a" has the most significant figures, it would be the "closest" approximation. :confused:

HD