• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Force Shaping

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
You are all right! This was an OPSEC mission to see if I could uncover any info that would otherwise be classified. Great detective work. Actually Im just 'fishing' for info that may help me determine scholarship availability. I had a buddy who had some problems in 2004 so asking about the Navy's overall manning plans is actually a very relevent question against which to gauge my 'chances' of making it down my preferred pipeline. i.e. pilot. What is the insiders view right now?

Ur doing it for the money? :(

P.S. It's ok, I wanna do it for the chicks...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You are all right! This was an OPSEC mission to see if I could uncover any info that would otherwise be classified. Great detective work. Actually Im just 'fishing' for info that may help me determine scholarship availability. I had a buddy who had some problems in 2004 so asking about the Navy's overall manning plans is actually a very relevent question against which to gauge my 'chances' of making it down my preferred pipeline. i.e. pilot. What is the insiders view right now?

Insiders view.....you won't ever get in the Navy and be an Aviator if you don't apply........

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
You mean they don't hand Naval officers a memo every month about the available scholarship money for NROTC and the extremely dynamic available pilot billets?! How are you supposed to do your job if you don't know these things?

BackOrdered

Contributor
You mean they don't hand Naval officers a memo every month about the available scholarship money for NROTC and the extremely dynamic available pilot billets?! How are you supposed to do your job if you don't know these things?

Are you trying to be sarcastic?

SkywardET

Contrarian
I was asked a question about force shaping during a board and, in my ignorance and having never looked into the term before that, I used the example of the Sailor's Creed as a force shaper.

Since then I have found a myriad of useful information about force shaping thanks to careful manipulation of Google search strings.

Nose

pilot
I was asked a question about force shaping during a board

What the hell kind of board?

If the people who are responsible for shaping the force are clueless, how do you think anyone here has a clue?

Anyone ever heard of the T-Notch? That is the huge hole in manning for YG 86-88. Not nearly enough O-4's (at the time) and O-5's to cover the billets. Know what caused the T-notch? Ask HarrierDude. He lived it! It was the knuckleheads at the Bureau.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What the hell kind of board?

If the people who are responsible for shaping the force are clueless, how do you think anyone here has a clue?

Anyone ever heard of the T-Notch? That is the huge hole in manning for YG 86-88. Not nearly enough O-4's (at the time) and O-5's to cover the billets. Know what caused the T-notch? Ask HarrierDude. He lived it! It was the knuckleheads at the Bureau.

That is the first I have heard of that T-notch, the one we grew up with was YG's 93-95. Just go to show you that the Navy never learns........:(