• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For sale: Stag 3H upper.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
with a locked 10 round mag, its not an assault weapon in California.

This has been discussed before.

Well, since that information wasn't made available by the OP, one would tend to assume towards the opposite side of the spectrum, based on the general tendency of people here to trick out their ARs. :rolleyes:

Brett

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Man, this thread is making me antsy. Magpul PRS stock, Lower Parts Kit, and YHM Rifle Length Freefloat tube all on order.

Re CA: Isn't it the safest state in America now with all the anti-gun laws? I heard that they have almost completely eradicated violent crime. Good on 'em.

North a state in God's Country, you can damn near have any weapons you want/can afford.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
It also has to be an "Off List" Lower Receiver

Thats correct.

There are two ways to go about having a legal AR-15 in California, both of which require the lower reciever to not be on list of banned lower recievers in the state.

The first way is to have a 10 round magazine that is "locked" in the magazine well. This feature allows you to have "cool" features like a pistol grip, telescoping stock, flashhider, etc...

The other way is to basically have an AR without any "cool" features. So no pistol grip, no flash hider, and pinned stock. this setup allows you to have removable magazines.

@HueyCobra,
Good choice on the YHM. I have one on my M4gery and I love it!