• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For all you Michael Moore fans out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

Speaking of baseball, I am down in Fort Lauderdale Florida and after the Marlins won, everyone and their brother jumped on the bandwagon and started loving the Marlins. I'm sure it'll die down soon but I always find that funny how that happens. Where were all these people 2 months ago?

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Originally posted by jboomer
Dang, I forgot all about YOU!!! No, just playing.

hahhahaa
bouncy_125.gif

Daedalus

"Funny how you call the Red Sox commies, when your precious Spankees have Hillary Clinton as a Senator."

I know I know, every time I try to make any kind of political or in this case sports statement, my out of state friends always bring up Hillary. You got me there is no defense against that, except to say I didn't vote for her.

riley

Please, don't judge her before you read her book.

Wait, no - for all that is precious in this world - ignore the book statement....

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Wow, lots of opinions out there...sorry I didn't take time to read the entire 5 pages, but some of you really need to examine why you're applying for military service...

When you swear an oath to your country and its constitution your opinion means squat outside your immediate chain of command. Does that mean you won't act against your own opinion...God help us if that's the case. And please stop your application process now if so...

I get the feeling that many of you are signing on because aviation slots are abundant and what better way to get your pilot training than for free and actually get paid on top of it. At the same time the only time you really want to go to war is if someone attacks the 50 states with an "actual" military force. Well you obviously know that's probably not going to happen, so you feel that if the President (our country) wouldn't go around causing problems in other countries then you're on easy street...6-8 years of paid experience and you jump into commercial/private jets/helos and you're set for life. Well my friends you'll tell me its not true, but that's BS plain and simple...I'm not against those who are willing to serve and then go into the private sector...its those of you who want to free-load and question why you have to fight in any battle/war that may occur 'on your watch' and seems to not directly effect our great country. Leave that crap at the door...you aren't paid to make judgements on why unless you've put a few stars on your shoulder...when you sign up its for good, bad, and worse...your commitment is to the military and that may mean giving your life for something you may not understand or actually like...it may mean killing those you aren't sure deserve to die...raising your right hand requires that you are giving yourself to your country, to its leaders, and the President. If you want it to be the other way and want to pull the strings, go into politics not the military.

Its funny how so many of you are quick to judge Dems or Reps based on what they say to you in the public eye...undoubtedly each is putting their own 'truth' on each matter. For instance, I don't believe Pres. Bush lied to America, because a) the president doesn't collect intel and b) except for finalizing decisions advisors are making most of the calls or listing alternatives for him...It's NOT the President's job to be an expert on all things, BUT it IS his job to make the best informed judgement he can from the information given. At the same time remember, he's a politician...his career is based on selling people his point of view and why he made decisions. Does it look like he over sold Iraq...PROBABLY...do we know if those weapons are on those mysterious foreign flagged ships or in Syria...MAYBE. IF anyone's head should role it should be the heads of the intelligence departments...they are responsible for their subordinates, not the President...

It's pretty obvious that both Dems and Reps knew Saddam was a threat...reference the quotes contained in this thread by various Reps and Dems. What you as an intelligent human being have to do is see through the smoke screens and power grabs...don't make snap judgements because a chopper was shot down and 16 brave Americans are dead...don't agree with Dems because your eyes and ears tell you that things are bad...At the same time don't agree with Reps because they keep selling this long, hard road stuff for which it is apparent they did not plan for...Form your own opinions based on what you already know...1)George Bush is the son of a military man...he undoubtedly respects those in uniform and would not waste their lives...at the same time he is human and was not ready for this occupation as it has presented itself. 2) Saddam Hussein is a sneaky SOB who killed his own son-in-law, tried to assassinate Bush, Sr, and obviously hates America...its not a stretch that he could easily ally himself with terrorists and hide his goodies for another day. 3) Of course part of this war was about oil...anyone who says different is ignorant...part of the military's role is to protect our strategic interests...we run on oil therefore a sub-reason to invade Iraq is to ensure oil supplies to our country...but at the same time to think that's the only reason we went in is simply a product of a good brain washing.

And one last thought...if you are at all an internationalist...enjoy your slow death if we ever give up our sovereignty to a world government...most of the rest of the world likes the UN because they 1) can be bought off and 2) hate the U.S. and Israel...don't believe me check out who they allow to run sub-committees with the UN. Everyone hates those on top...examine history and you'll see that. We're useful because we have a) money b) influence and c) military might...many of these nations would gladly take it from us if they could.

Enough for now I'm exhausted...lol

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
well, I've read this string over 2 days at work, and I just have one thing to add:

Code Of Conduct
1. I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

2. I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

3. If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

4. If I become a prisoner of war (POW), I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information nor take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

5. When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

6. I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

If you don't want to follow them, don't join the military!!

Ben

Daedalus

What really pisses me off:
The actors are patting themselves on the back and giving themselves awards (one of those yawnfest award shows), (this I heard in passing on the news) but they are getting gift baskets with like 50k worth of stuff in them including, yes, eye surgery. Bastards! of all the people that don't need gifts, they can afford all the crap then want and on top of that they get free eye surgery (so the surgeons can tout them) whereas I have to scrape up money I don't have to pay to have it done for a reason.
Just my 1.50$

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I'm suprised that no one brought that up before. It's like saying that you want to live somewhere but you don't want to have to follow the laws. I agree that everyone has a right to have their own ideals, that's what being an American is all about. But when you join the Military you no longer have some of those rights, and it's just a fact that you have to accept. Just like in Public High School, the school has the right to search you anytime they want, without provication.

Ben

kevin

"6. I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America."

uh oh....with all the stuff about school prayer and taking "in God we trust" of money, how long will it take the aclu to get rid of this?

riley

Stick the aclu pukes in a fox-hole in some forsaken part of the world - have them go through what American Marines, soldiers, sailors and airmen go through - then ask them if they really want to take God out of the picture.... my loose interpretation of that quote (now I'll probably misquote it)"there are no atheists in foxholes"

Those terrorists in Gitmo have it grand compared to some of the military's living conditions in Afghanistan - do you hear the aclu protesting that? This world is twisted....

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
One of the definitions of religion is "A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion." So, it is not far-fetched to say that Atheism is in fact somewhat of a religion. Therefore, is it not plausible to say that Atheists are pushing THEIR beliefs on the American people, rather than sterilizing the US Government of a specific religion or religious ideas (i.e. Christianity)?

kevin

i would say youre wrong about equating atheism with a religion, but i think you're absolutely right about them pushing their beliefs on the american people. it's always problematic when you try to take away absolutes by putting in place another absolute. it's funny when people say "there are no absolutes" (ie, religion) because that statement is in fact an absolute.

Status
Not open for further replies.