• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For all you Michael Moore fans out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

Stand the hell by, his next steaming pile of sh!t is on the way. Titled: Farenheit 9/11, guess what the subject matter will be? I've been hitting all my film geek sites and it's pretty hush-hush. No on knows what his slant will be. I say "slant" because that's really all he has to offer. If I had to bet though I'd say it will document how the impenetrable national security built and maintained for this nation solely by the Clinton admin' was allowed to erode overnight by Bush and all the other evil Repub's.

...any takers?

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
I went to see Michael Moore live at a lecture at San Francisco State. He's been touring around the country doing college lectures. I think many people, not just hardcore liberals, are fed up with the Bush administration.

Let me ask the people (civilians, not military) who support the Bush admin. Were you afraid on March 17, 2003? Were you genuinely afraid that Saddam Hussein was going to send a big fu<kin' missile (which he doesn't have the capability to do so) all the 7,000 miles over here? Did you feel that he was a serious threat to our way of life HERE? Men and women of our forces are being killed in Iraq nearly every day.

I think Bush needs to concentrate more on finding Bin Laden than Saddam Hussein. True, he was an horribly evil dictator, but the lies that the President has made of chemical lab convoys and trains with labs and underground facilities are just ridiculous.

President Clinton had spent more on counterterrorism funding than any other president since like some 20-30 years ago, and the success rate was very high. Our economy was great and now it's down the drain.

You've got to understand what Moore's standpoint is. He is very fed up with this very right-wing agenda, and honestly, so am I. I love to study politics, and I love America, but I don't love to read the paper every day and see that another car bombing has claimed the lives of more and more American soldiers in Iraq. I hate this **** where people will say, "Oh, if you don't support the war, you don't support the troops, and if you don't support the troops, YOU HATE AMERICA!!" I support the troops by wanting them to come home, and like I said, I love America. It seems like to Bush that the soldiers out there are just worthless, expendable pawns. He should be working towards OUR country and not some other lost cause. I say again: our troops should be out of there, and Bush should be out of office.

Read "Lies" by Al Franken. It's a great book. Keep in mind, I'm just telling you what I think so let's not get into some big ol' fight, ok?

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Michael Moore, while he does have a point, clouds that point with his own brand of nonsense and turns everybody off. I'm not a flaming liberal but I'm not a republican nut either, so I can see that both sides of the coin are flawed. What Moore doesn't realize is that by pumping his points so full of liberal BS he is just as bad as an extreme republican. He should figure out that just because you're on the other extreme of the scale doesn't mean you're any better than the opposite extreme, both ends are ignorant and stupid.

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
What really irritates me is highschool children that think they know politics, and believe that
they really do know how the world works. :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
*KLAXON*

1MC: GENERAL QUARTERS, GENERAL QUARTERS! ALL HANDS MAN YOUR BATTLE STATIONS! LIBERALS INBOUND WITH VAMPIRES!

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Oh, ya burned me with that high school ****! Well, it does not require a certain age. It requires the ability to read and have an open mind which obviously you don't have. Keep in mind your only 8 years ahead of me.

So why don't you just go jump up Cheney's ass, mofo? Juuuust kidding, but yeah, you suck.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Originally posted by DBLang
Bowling for Columbine was bull****, but come on, it was funny.

I'm not flaming here, but I'm interested in hearing out why you think B4C was bull****. Yeah, there was some hilarious shizsnot.

Dave Shutter

For the record I'm not a flaming right winger either. To be honest I don't know which party scares me more. I guess that maked me a moderate, as cliche as it sounds. I also don't believe people opposed to the war or Bush are un-Americans, they're entitled their own opinions. I could care less if Moore and other college dropout celebrities like him spend their time kissing ass over in Europe and beating their drums at liberal universities. Knock yourselves out. I take exeption to his contrived and blatantly staged propaganda being passed off as documentary work.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You'd be SHOCKED at how your thinking can change in 8 years. I used to be liberal, then I grew up.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
(This goes to Dave.)

True dat. I've heard a lot of junk about him also not exactly researching his info (which goes for a lot of these left and right reporting people), but it's interesting to hear what he has to say. Like BDCPUAH said, I'm not even old enough to vote which is why I don't like to take sides, but I felt like chiming in after the lecture n' all. After hearing a lot of what Moore says and Hannity says and everyone else, sometimes I just say, "**** it. Why should I care so much?"

Most of everyone's **** is taking one sentence, flipping it's truth, rewriting into something else, and then repeating it over and over again.

Sentence
Flip
Rewrite
Repeat

Like I said, Al Franken's book was pretty fun and funny to read. He's an ex-SNL cast member. Heaps of political pro-left material though.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
It all depends on what kind of person you are in 8 years time. Some people just never change, some do.

kimphil

What's the point of this thread? It seems to me that conservatives (or people who now want to distance themselve from the President, "moderates") can't defend the Bush administration with legitimate arguments, so choose to nominate a representative of the left--do you choose an influential academic, a critical journalist, or an important politician? No, you choose Michael Moore (or for some variety Sean Penn).

Here's a news flash--Michael Moore is an entertainer. His movie's are loosely documentaries. It's more appropriate to call them satire. They're like moving political cartoons. When you attack them as straight (but manipulated) news you either aren't sophisticated enough to get it or you can't rationally defend the opposing side so you attack the messenger (but not the message).

Status
Not open for further replies.