• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For A-6 Intruder Lovers.....

Calculon

It's Calculon! Hit the deck!
Now that was an amazing read! Amazing story on what the A6 was all about. Can't believe it's been 40 years since LB II as well.

Out of curiosity, I wanted to see what had happened to CDR Nakagawa who was referenced in the story as having been shot down on the first night. He was repatriated in 1973 then flew again over Saigon in 1975 covering the evacuation... can't imagine how many POWs were able to fly over Vietnam again after repatriation.

Also turns out his a current CAPT in the Navy as well and is a former A-6 guy himself.... even flew in a few of the exact same A-6s as his old man, a whole generation apart!

Flugelman

Contributor
Now that was an amazing read! Amazing story on what the A6 was all about. Can't believe it's been 40 years since LB II as well.

Out of curiosity, I wanted to see what had happened to CDR Nakagawa who was referenced in the story as having been shot down on the first night. He was repatriated in 1973 then flew again over Saigon in 1975 covering the evacuation... can't imagine how many POWs were able to fly over Vietnam again after repatriation.

Also turns out his a current CAPT in the Navy as well and is a former A-6 guy himself.... even flew in a few of the exact same A-6s as his old man, a whole generation apart!

I met then LCDR Nakagawa at the '68 PacFlt / All Navy pistol matches at NAS Miramar. He later was CO of NAS Pt Mugu and last I heard was retired in the Monterey area. A helluva nice guy and pretty good pistol shot.

On Edit:

Just went out to check and found that Capt Nakagawa passed in August, 2011. RIP, Sir
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/mo...-nakagawa&pid=153363570&fhid=6695#fbLoggedOut