• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

MGoBrew11

pilot
Just saw that Alabama’s strength of schedule was 5th, FSU’s was 55th.

So thoughts on 1 loss Texas being ahead of FSU as well? If Georgia had won yesterday, the discussion would be Texas vs FSU - again, FSU is playing with their 3rd string QB.

Orange Bowl with Georgia vs FSU will be interesting. In addition to the FSU being the first unbeaten Power 5 conference champion not in, Georgia is also the first #1 team before the final poll not to make the playoffs.

Paul Finebaum just brought up the point that FSU had generated a lot of bad blood with their fight against the ACC and trying to leave - wonder if that factored into the decision?
Pete Finebaum is a dweeb.

Texas got dragged into the CFP by Bama winning the SEC. It’s that simple. They wanted the SEC champ but then couldn’t exclude Texas based on the head to head.

If Georgia wins yesterday FSU is in over Texas.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Pete Finebaum is a dweeb.

Texas got dragged into the CFP by Bama winning the SEC. It’s that simple. They wanted the SEC champ but then couldn’t exclude Texas based on the head to head.

If Georgia wins yesterday FSU is in over Texas.
No doubt. Now I’m going to see who OU is playing in the “News Years Eve’s Eve in the BumFuckBeaver Bowl.”

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
This article kind of says it all…

Had just finished reading the article. For what it’s worth, I still think if Georgia had made the playoffs they would have run the table like they did in 2021.

Don’t know about Washington’s injury situation but I believe Texas is down their best running back and Michigan is down its best offensive lineman.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Had just finished reading the article. For what it’s worth, I still think if Georgia had made the playoffs they would have run the table like they did in 2021.

Don’t know about Washington’s injury situation but I believe Texas is down their best running back and Michigan is down its best offensive lineman.
We are down our best O lineman for sure and potentially our best CB (didn’t play last night).

Fallonflyr

pilot

Washington‘s running back was running on a bad ankle for over 100yrds plus the game clinching first down on Friday night. He should be full health in a month.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
For what it’s worth, I still think if Georgia had made the playoffs they would have run the table like they did in 2021.
I don’t disagree. It will be interesting to see how Washington does at this level.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Feel bad for FSU but if they don't beat Georgia then their wanking about not getting selected to the CFP won't matter. (They won't beat GA w/o J.T.)

Twelve team playoff next year solves all of this. Wish it were 8 teams but 12 will suffice.

S/F

MGoBrew11

pilot
Feel bad for FSU but if they don't beat Georgia then their wanking about not getting selected to the CFP won't matter. (They won't beat GA w/o J.T.)

Twelve team playoff next year solves all of this. Wish it were 8 teams but 12 will suffice.

S/F
Eh, not sure I agree, but that would definitely be the perception. The bowl games outside of the CFP are so meaningless now…not sure how much stock should even be put in any of the results. The players don’t really have anything to play for and some of them don’t even suit up anymore.

I’m not saying Georgia isn’t better than FSU…they 100% are. But the result of that game means nothing.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Put your markers down now.

Texas vs Michigan in finals.

Texas wins the title.

If I'm wrong, my penance will be 3 replies to random OCS board threads. ?

I dare anyone to be bold in their predictions, and accept the challenge.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
No doubt. Now I’m going to see who OU is playing in the “News Years Eve’s Eve in the BumFuckBeaver Bowl.”
Not sure if you saw it, but Texas fans were chanting SEC, SEC, SEC during the presentation of the BIG12 trophy. As to you and Oklahoma, we welcome you to the Southeastern Conference.

Resistance is futile.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Not sure if you saw it, but Texas fans were chanting SEC, SEC, SEC during the presentation of the BIG12 trophy. As to you and Oklahoma, we welcome you to the Southeastern Conference.

Resistance is futile.

Texas fans are idiots. For me it is all about the team…conference “pride” is akin to a Haitian yelling “Western Hemisphere! Western Hemisphere!” because the U.S. is a global leader and adjacent.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
I will add that the power dynamic of the SEC is going to change…a lot. Instead of the typical “terrible two” domination the SEC is really known for it will turn to a “fearsome four.” I imagine the same is in store for the Big 10.