• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

taxi1

pilot
But then what would the punditocracy prognosticate about in September?
They should argue about what the first poll of the year, released 1 October, is going to say. It’d be just as much fun, and more tension.

I know I’m pissing into a strong breeze on this one...

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Who is your team?

Who do you expect win it all?
Emory football since I’m an Emory alumnus.

I think Emory football has a pretty good shot at winning it all…but I’m still trying to figure out what conference there in.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Perhaps they're slowly coming around to the fact that 9 times out of 10, the Domers get overrated for being the Domers.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Emory football since I’m an Emory alumnus.

I think Emory football has a pretty good shot at winning it all…but I’m still trying to figure out what conference there in.
Emory is part of the Big 0 Conference along with the George Mason and Oral Roberts!

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Damn…two weeks in and I’m disproven…Iowa State will have the largest drop in ranking this year…

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Emory is part of the Big 0 Conference along with the George Mason and Oral Roberts!
Is that the number “0” or the letter “O”?

Can’t really see too well.

Anyway…here’s a pic of Emory’s football helmet…I found it on the internet…

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Is that the number “0” or the letter “O”?

Can’t really see too well.

Anyway…here’s a pic of Emory’s football helmet…I found it on the internet…

View attachment 32555
You have to decide what the "0" means! You could think of it as the Big None.

I don't think Emory (a marvelous school BTW) ever had a football program but here are a few helmets from some now defunct teams...

Univ. San Francisco...32559called the "Dons," they had a short history.

Univ. of Vermont...32560Bernie Sanders thought the school proletariat were abusing the cat.

Xavier University...32561 an Ohio school in some city starting with the letter C.

Wichita State... 32563aka "the Shockers 32562

and in the "Got rid of that just in time!" catagory...

University of Texas - Arlington...32564

johnboyA6E

None
look like another year of Navy not even being bowl eligible.... 0-2, heading for maybe 2-3 wins if they are lucky

went to the game vs AF in Annapolis. great time until the game started. perfect weather, F35 flyover and Navy Leapfrogs jump. but the actual football was atrocious.

left at halftime and found some old squadron mates that i haven't seen in over 25 year, and got in a good 10 hours of beer drinking, so overall a great day

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
...great time until the game started....the actual football was atrocious....
...got in a good 10 hours of beer drinking, so overall a great day...
This is the story of many college football games. Well done.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Good to see the old OU/Nebraska rivalry re-ignited…better to see OU win! In the end I have to say I don’t see Rattler getting even close to the Heisman.