• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Of course, Georgia won again so we may be right back where we started from….
728pd1.jpg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I went on a bike ride at half time, was not expecting that final score when I got back. Day-um.
It’s probably my fault that Ohio State lost. I put all my Ohio State stuff on at half time [mad dog jr. goes to Ohio State]…and like you said…day-um.

5EF4B7C4-CD5E-431D-B193-ABF809856A74.jpeg

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Next week will be equally fun. If the top four - GA, Michigan, TCU, and USC win out then we will get a diverse, national spread for the playoffs. I think the toughest game will be TCU vs K State but USC is perfectly capable of messing up. I wonder how badly LSU is demoralized by their A&M spanking? Will it impact their play against Georgia?

Notanaviator

Contributor
Next week will be equally fun. If the top four - GA, Michigan, TCU, and USC win out then we will get a diverse, national spread for the playoffs. I think the toughest game will be TCU vs K State but USC is perfectly capable of messing up. I wonder how badly LSU is demoralized by their A&M spanking? Will it impact their play against Georgia?
As the LSU fan in the crowd, I think this one was tough to take, but most rational LSU fans know UGA will be a tough slog, that's a great football team. I think LSU is on the right track, have been favorably surprised by Brian Kelly. Still, should have beaten A&M - credit to them for playing a great game - and if we'd have beaten them and UGA, might have made the CFP slate pretty interesting, with plenty of folks likely to carp on strength of schedule arguments.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Down go Southern Cal and TCU in conference championships! Does this open the door for ‘Bama and Ohio?

Could be all SEC vs BIG-10. Perhaps #1 Bulldogs vs #4 Buckeyes and #2 Wolverines vs #3 Crimson Tide?

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Down go Southern Cal and TCU in conference championships! Does this open the door for ‘Bama and Ohio?

Could be all SEC vs BIG-10. Perhaps #1 Bulldogs vs #4 Buckeyes and #2 Wolverines vs #3 Crimson Tide?
Absolutely not Bama. They have two losses and their schedule was not all that tough. Ohio State, yes, but TCU will probably stay in. I see #1 Georgia, #2 Michigan #3 Ohio, #4 TCU. Put simply, if they elevate a multiple loss Alabama over one loss teams people will dump the current playoff idea.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Absolutely not Bama. They have two losses and their schedule was not all that tough. Ohio State, yes, but TCU will probably stay in. I see #1 Georgia, #2 Michigan #3 Ohio, #4 TCU. Put simply, if they elevate a multiple loss Alabama over one loss teams people will dump the current playoff idea.
Tell that to the announcers who still saved some time to butt-snorkel Bama during the damn B1G championship game.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Someone in Old Town Alexandria has high aspirations and too much money…if Georgia fails to take the title I think the town’s people should set torches to it!

BE678A39-5458-42AC-9BC7-6256B86CC1E3.jpeg