• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football Kickoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiz

Well Football fans college football season have begun, lets hear your predictions for NCAA champ. Me I think Oklahoma Will win it all.

kevin

although im a huge nd fan, i think usc is the winner hands down. they were the best team at the end of last year (yes, would have beat the crap out of miami and ohio state) and are still the best team now. unfortunately my team is preparing to get malled by them again in about 5 weeks.

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
Kevin,
At Least you aren't one of the many fair-weather fans that ND has around South Bend. It is annoying each year to hear the comments about the team sway from one end of the spectrum to the other in a matter of minutes after they win or lose a game.
I hate making predictions b/c that would cause me to keep track of which college got who. So I am just going to stick with my team Ohio State, and hope that Purdue doesn't do too poorly.

Kobyra

NuSnake

I'm a Georgia fan...although I dont think they will win the NCAA, I think the SEC, for a second year in a row, is a really good possibility....lets face it people..the SEC is where the game is!!! Although alot of National Champs come from other Conferences, I think the SEC is where you get the strongest, overall Conference. The teams are, for the most part, all really good teams.

GEORGIA BABY!!!

RobNLa

BDCPUAH-
I'm with you on the SEC being the strongest overall conference. However, LSU is going to give Georgia a run for their money in the championship. As for national champs it is still early in the season to make projections. If I had to though, I would guess Oklahoma or maybe USC after the spanking they administered to Auburn.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I'm a UT fan, but I think it's going to be a close race in the SEC East. With FL, UGA, and UT all fighting for the top seed. As for the West, my pick is LSU. I thought Ole' Miss might do something, but last week's embarrassment against Vandy made me think otherwise. Eli Manning's 3 point win over the Commodores didn't impress at all.

As for the NCAA championship, one could go all day on this topic. There are several teams that have the 'potential' to go. I think USC looked really good against Auburn last week, and so did Oklahoma. I'm not making any picks, but I know it'll be a fun season to watch... as always.

GO VOLS!

NuSnake

Yeah..Auburn winning a National Championship...HAHAHA!!!! whatever, whoever predicted that was out of their minds. Oh well, I agree, the SEC is gonna be where the competition is this year, as usual. Cant wait to watch. My saturdays consist of waking up at an unreasonable hour and watching football ALL day!! Gotta love it!!

GA vs MTSU this weekend, haha, well atleast that will be another W on the board, except it wont be much of a game. Oh well, I guess I will be watching all the rest of the South playing.

Go BULLDAWGS!!

The Wiz

Boy with all this SEC talk we seem to be forgeting about 2 confernces, the Big 12 and the Big 10.Big 12 with Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska Big 10 with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn St. Yes the SEC is very competitive but I think the Big 12 and 10 deserve alot of respect to.

NuSnake

I agree.....but I think consistently over the years the SEC has more strong teams as a conference than the others do.....

NavyLonghorn

The Wiz... Ig we are talking about the strength of the big twelve, you might wanna talk about Kansas City too.. they are top ten at the moment. Big 12 is hands down the best conference, and, the longhorns are gonna kick the crap outa OU this year.

Hook 'em

The Wiz

NavyLonghorn, now that you dont have Chris Simms at QB you might have a shot at keepin it close with Oklahoma.

GO SOONERS

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Coming from the State of Indiana, and a holding a Purdue school degree, I will have to say, hands down Purdue all the way! Atleast, that's what I hope. Yeah, I'm ready for the PU-ND game! I'm trying to get tickets for it!!! Don't forget to leave Purdue out of the Big 10 guys.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.