• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN FNAEB Appeal

Appeal the decision?

• Fuck yeah, "I have not yet begun to fight!"

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • Hell no, "Now go home and get your fucking shine box"

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
It's not like you get penalized for following the process
Agree with your post, however I still believe it's worth some investigative effort on the OP's part to find out if this is actually part of a process, or is the process complete. If it's within the realm of possibilities, sure, go for it.

Last edited:

Tomcat_al200

pilot
You all should have heard how confused the ODO sounded when I tried to explain why I was calling, ha ha ha, sigh. Back to renewing my CFI and browsing airline jobs.net since the only POCR jobs left seem to be ones I am not degree qualified for.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You all should have heard how confused the ODO sounded when I tried to explain why I was calling, ha ha ha, sigh. Back to renewing my CFI and browsing airline jobs.net since the only POCR jobs left seem to be ones I am not degree qualified for.

I'm not privy to the FNAEB classification you got...are you just DQ'ed from Boat flying or are you off flight status, period? If the former, have you given any thought to rushing the VT SAUs or VRs? I've no idea how they'd look upon your particular situation, but if the dudes in your chain of command will vouch for you (and from your narrative it sounds like they would), you'd be a fairly good pickup for them. You're super junior and could give them lots of days, while building up your hours for Outside, or making good contacts for an FTS affiliation.

If the latter, maybe start calling around for UAS opportunities. I don't know what's up these days, but I saw several briefs where FRS attrites were specifically looked upon as a source for UAS AVOs.

"When one door closes, it's time to start breaking in through the fucking windows"

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, I got that, but I wasn't sure if he meant not flying Hornets anymore, or not flying period.

Tomcat_al200

pilot
No flying anything with "Navy" painted on the side, I asked my Commodore about UAS, and he said they were discontinuing pulling Attrites and moving to other sources, that being said, if I don't get retained I got the quals to apply for a General Atomics job at Pax operating Global Hawks. That being said, the only things listed as being open for this end of the FY POCR board are as follows:
AEDO
EDO
Oceanography
PAO
SELRES - AEDO
SELRES - AMDO

What I know about these wouldn't even fit on a post-it note, so I'd appreciate your thoughts on these positions as I have found the offical community briefs to be less than descriptive. I have a Aviation Technology degree from Purdue after trying Engineering for a year and realizing I like flying planes more than writing code about staplers, so IDK if I have the background for some of them.

I am still keeping my fingers crossed for the Appeal to CNAF, but I am also not dumb enough to get my hopes up so I'm putting together this damn POCR package to send in on Friday. Thanks for the guidance and encouragement to date all.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Experience from my boat tour:

PAO on the CVN was working all. the. time. Not standing watch, but working on quick-turn, high-vis projects coming from CO and higher, as well as managing MCs and expectations.

Black Cloud was the SLJO (Ops Dept INSURV coordinator?!), stood OOD, oversaw the AGs and occasionally did weather stuff.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
PAO loved his life, relatively, and METOC stood OOD watches UW and was the CSM.

I'd apply for them all if I wanted the highest chance to stay in though, or if I needed a couple years to make 20.

Now that the airlines are hiring, I wouldn't want to stay in if I couldn't do an aviation Job. Spend a year cranking out hours as a CFI and start applying to anyone who will take you with an R-ATP since all you need is 750hrs since you have wings.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
FWIW as a data point, I never saw a single Navy guy attrite from the FRS and go to another community to fly.......................unless you want to count this guy http://articles.philly.com/2012-12-05/news/35597183_1_drug-tests-navy-pilot-contract-pilot

Maybe things have changed, but in my time there, it was just not an option for anyone, regardless of the "why" behind the FNAEB. Saw a couple Marines do it (mainly into Herks), and I feel like their process made a whole lot more sense, but it is what it is (or was).

exNavyOffRec

FWIW as a data point, I never saw a single Navy guy attrite from the FRS and go to another community to fly.......................unless you want to count this guy http://articles.philly.com/2012-12-05/news/35597183_1_drug-tests-navy-pilot-contract-pilot

Maybe things have changed, but in my time there, it was just not an option for anyone, regardless of the "why" behind the FNAEB. Saw a couple Marines do it (mainly into Herks), and I feel like their process made a whole lot more sense, but it is what it is (or was).

Things spiraled out of control fast for that guy.

KilroyUSN

Prior EM1(SS) - LTJG - VP P-8 NFO COTAC
None

Looks like he cleans aquariums now.
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/justin-levitt/6b/2b5/ba0

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

My experience was completely opposite. Navy dudes went to the P-3/P-8 community. Marines are either UAV or finance officers.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
My experience was completely opposite. Navy dudes went to the P-3/P-8 community. Marines are either UAV or finance officers.

Well I think that is good to hear that things have changed (for the better). It seemed a little arrogant to say "we don't want jet trash" especially when we are talking about guys who have excelled throughout training, basically passed the Hornet/Rhino FRS, but just couldn't get the hang of the boat. Glad guys are getting a fair shake nowadays.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No flying anything with "Navy" painted on the side, I asked my Commodore about UAS, and he said they were discontinuing pulling Attrites and moving to other sources, that being said, if I don't get retained I got the quals to apply for a General Atomics job at Pax operating Global Hawks.

The GH/BAMS AVOs are Northrop-Grumman. Mostly ex-AF GH dudes, but they have all kinds. There's lots of work at Pax and Palmdale, some spots in San Diego, flying UAS for the Iron Works.

GA if you want to do Preds, Insitu if you want to live like a hippie in the Columbia River Valley.