• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Suit Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Just curious if anyone had any good leads on some really unique patches. I got a chuckle out of the "no fat chicks" patch, the "no spanking the monkey", the JOPA etc....(pretty much what wings-n-things has on display)

For all the salty dogs out there, are squadrons usually pretty liberal on what they let you wear for patches or does it vary drastically (sp?) from command to command?

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i think someone had one around here with a picture of a couch and the words "1000 hours of Standby"

lcaeagle913

pilot
One of the funnier ones I remember from primary is a patch with a pic of a T-34 with all the tie-downs attached. The caption was "Over 1000 hours-- cancelled"

They also had a similar patch with a blue chair...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
It will vary dramatically between squadrons, but by and large the Navy is MUCH more liberal than the USMC on the patch thing.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Our class made a patch with a T-6... two mice inside... the Brain yelling "Shut up and fly, Pinky!"

dustydog

pilot
I've got an Osama "Wanted Dead or Dead" Patch that I wear. Funny, I picked it up somewhere overseas. I get more comments on that patch than any other.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
where do I get some of these patches? I'd like to sew some onto my skydiving jumpsuit....the "no fat chicks" and "no spanking the monkey" sound pretty good. Is tehre a webpage for this?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I saw on in an email one time that was hilarious. Elmer Fudd in Army greens, rifle in-hand. Caption: "Be vewy vewy quiet, we're hunting Iwakis"

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Those in the training commands.. heads up..
Most people (IPs) will not say anything. That being said, just a couple of days ago we had an IP come in and tell us that a uniform (flight suit) was not a billboard for personal expression.

Not saying don't wear other patches, but just something to keep in that back of your head.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
With what bch said, I just asked a couple of the API instructors about other patches, since our class got one together. (I just wanted to make sure the PC police weren't around every corner) One mentioned the "no spanking the monkey" as one that is frowned upon. I suppose the bottom line is tongue-in-cheek is fine but use common sense.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
in API i remember the rule being that it had to be in good taste. i only put on another patch besides the US Navy one when i'm not flying that day.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Saw a couple good ones on the reserve cobra squadron "We quit once we'll do it again"
and also "Your job is our Hobby"

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
in my squadron, wearing anything other than the squadron patch (or Friday patch) & the squadron shoulder patch is frowned upon, and you'll usually get made fun of until you take it off (includes 1000/2000 hour patches & the Top Gun patch)

semper fi

Status
Not open for further replies.