• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School via Merchant Marine Academies (Kings Point, etc)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Because Kings Pointers know it means so much more than that. KPS is about a shared experience, not unlike IHTFP at USNA. But unlike IHTFP, alll you have to do is be somewhere in the world and see it carved into something and you smile because you know you are part of something much bigger and more important than yourself. You see KPS in Skopje when you're getting ready to go in to Bosnia and then six months ater that you see it in Pearl and you think to yourself, "how cool is that".

You know you have gone to an Academy that is uniquely honored to carry a Battle Standard as part of its Color Guard because you have served in harms way as a Midshipman and you know you are inextricably linked to the 142 Midshipmen who gave their full measure while still students.

Its hard to explain if you haven't been there. But I hope I've given you some idea.

My school's colors has 9 battle streamers for service in the Wah of Southern Independence........so there!! ;)

Ace_Austin

pilot
While I am not trying to detract from the accomplishments of KP students... It is a rather weighty claim to put them so much higher up then any other service academy, or for that matter any other maritime service school. This "KPS" you talk about I assume is the alumni organization. I have no doubt that they have branches all over the world... but the funny thing is... so does my school.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You mean the War of Northern Agression?

At my school the class that was on the war was titled 'The War for Southern Independence', and that is not a joke. The professor, a retired USNR CAPT, had been teaching for something like 40 years at that point. A real unique character, the only guy I ever have seen who wore a cape with his SDB's.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa Pi Sigma
Its hard to explain if you haven't been there. But I hope I've given you some idea.

Allow me to introduce myself.....
Schnugg, Kings Point Graduate 1985, Fifth Company, Marine Engineer.

Our alumni association is USMMAAA. www.usmmaaa.com

Ace_Austin

pilot
Yes the CSS Virginia. I realized after I posted I had used her "Union" name. But I guess thats just the iggnorant Yank in me. :D

So...Schnugg, an Engineer huh? Nice to see someone as adverse to sunlight as me.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Please suhhh, may I have some flight hours???

Pilot_LSO.jpg