• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School via Merchant Marine Academies (Kings Point, etc)

tnavybird

Kp 2005

USMMA2005,
I'm graduating this June, just finishing up as a deckie and managed to pick up a SNA slot. Got any questions feel free to shoot them on over. For anyone who might not know, USMMA is the other other academy (United States Merchant Marine Academy). Questions? shoot away.

bigspy007

Thanks.....I'm want to be a deckie also....marine transportion. I was wondering how hard it is to go Navy and get a pilot slot. I'm not sure thats exactly what I want to do, but I'm leaning that way. Also the only thing that really bothers me about KP is the size, what do you think about it? I'm guessing the location makes up for the size. But I'll find out on Monday, I'll be up for open house.

VAmookie

KP is the most absolutely best school in the United States. This is truth. Sorry to you navy.edu guys, but kings point is the best of the best

tnavybird

Usmma

2009, when you get up here keep an open mind, don't decide anything yet. This little piece of hell actually has alot to offer so take advantage of everything you can. As far as getting a flight slot, I'll tell you right now, whatever admissions has said to you, they are lying! The deal is the number of slots we get depends on the needs of the navy first and foremost. There is no set number. Its a variable that changes every year so don't count on anything. Work hard, keep your nose clean and don't do anything stupid. Focus on getting in. Then focus on plebe year. Then sea year and so on. You do everything well enough, flight school will take care of itself.

bigspy007

Thanks for the information. Also, do you get any say in what sea year split you get put into? Or how is determined? My sister is getting married next year, and my family is driving me crazy over dates.

YPBFluids

Hey, I just made my big decision that i am going to go to Kings Point this july. I am going to decline my offer to NAPS and get commissioned a year earlier. See you there on July 8th. Let me know if you want to exchange info.

bigspy007

I declined my Foundation offer......and am glad I did, I visted KP and talk to some mids and I think it has alot more to offer then Navy. See U in July.

LeadinUSMC

Thanks, I am hoping to get to know people before I go. Right now I only know the midshipman I stayed with and a couple of men who went to OCS over the summer that were in Kilo Co.

Kappa Pi Sigma

US Merchant Marine Academy -- Kings Point

Since Kings Point is another commissioning source for the Navy and there isn't a sub forum for Kings Point, I thought I would start a thread to answer questions about the United States Merchant Marine Academy.

www.usmma.edu

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why pick Kappa Pi Sigma as your name if you support KP and have a child there?

I thought that was another way of saying "Kings Point Sucks."

Ace_Austin

pilot
The relevance to Air Warriors is that most Kings Point Midshipmen who choose Naval Aviation get selected.

Everyone who requested it in my class at my school got picked up for Pilot. You don't see us in here saying we need a seperate area cause we're all that.

Sorry just struck me as a little (hunts for the word).....arrogant to think like that.