• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

vbts13

Saw the wait times are significantly decreasing, any insight?

On the SNA Side, Kind of... the wait list is moving quick for people who checked in before the May '23 Academy grads. Anyone after them will have a decently long wait. As a whole though it is getting better.

On the SNA Side, Kind of... the wait list is moving quick for people who checked in before the May '23 Academy grads. Anyone after them will have a decently long wait. As a whole though it is getting better.
How long do you expect to wait from check in to starting NIFE?

The HM who did my anthros told me NAMI changed the requirements to be more relaxed. They said they couldn’t tell me what that entailed but based on my last reading said I’m a go for the jets pipeline now. I’m taking that with a grain of salt until pcola, but has anyone heard anything similar? Also had mentioned they are dumping the Goshawk?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
The HM who did my anthros told me NAMI changed the requirements to be more relaxed. They said they couldn’t tell me what that entailed but based on my last reading said I’m a go for the jets pipeline now. I’m taking that with a grain of salt until pcola, but has anyone heard anything similar? Also had mentioned they are dumping the Goshawk?

I cannot imagine we are that far along in replacing the T-45 that today's NIFE students will see it in their pipeline. Then again, I'm helo swine so I could be wrong but AFAIK the Navy hasn't even announced what will replace it.

Mouselovr

Contributor
~6 months ago, a bunch of admirals gathered all the ENS/2LTs in a room and had an open forum with us.
They mentioned they were in the process of replacing the goshawk. Money was already on the table. They mentioned we "might" be in training when it is replaced if not shortly after us.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
~6 months ago, a bunch of admirals gathered all the ENS/2LTs in a room and had an open forum with us.
They mentioned they were in the process of replacing the goshawk. Money was already on the table. They mentioned we "might" be in training when it is replaced if not shortly after us.
I know nothing of the T-45 transition process, but I can guess that from every other airframe transition process...you ain't gonna see it.

I guess they've got to give you some hope like in Dumb and Dumber...

Dhoop29

None
The Air Force’s replacement jet has actually been announced and their STILL not flying it. I’d be shocked if the Navy was able to down select, test, and field a suitable replacement in three years.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
In T-44 land there is serious discussion about the replacement because the replacement is on the way - and even then only one squadron is getting it to start with, and there didn’t seem to be a firm plan on what the syllabi for it would look like.

In T-45 land there is no discussion (that students are privy to) because it seems like they haven’t even settled the debate of what they want from the next trainer, nevermind who’s going to build it. NAMI might be opening the spigot on waivers for people to go tailhook because there’s such a shortage, but the ol’ BASH-magnet has years in her yet.

Yeah I read they were at only 70% manning on the strike pipeline and no one want to be on carriers anymore. I’m like .4 inches off of the Goshawk upper limit so if something has changed I would be stoked to have the green light to try to pick up EWO.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In T-44 land there is serious discussion about the replacement because the replacement is on the way - and even then only one squadron is getting it to start with, and there didn’t seem to be a firm plan on what the syllabi for it would look like.

Pretty easy when you are replacing a King Air with a...Super King Air.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Yeah I read they were at only 70% manning on the strike pipeline and no one want to be on carriers anymore. I’m like .4 inches off of the Goshawk upper limit so if something has changed I would be stoked to have the green light to try to pick up EWO.
Think small thoughts!