• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

Mouselovr

Contributor
Speaking of early selections to helos, does anybody know if the anthro check done in the NIFE building is the final say on pipeline dqs or if that is done with the later visit to NAMI before classing up for NIFE? I received some interesting results and wondering if there’s another shot.
I had my anthros taken in Newport then in Pensacola when I checked in, then never again. The system they use in Pensacola is a computer, so its pretty darn accurate. I know people who got pipeline DQed in Newport from human error measurements that were then changed after Pensacola check in.

So there is a way to change it in the system. However, the machine seems to have the final say.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Speaking of early selections to helos, does anybody know if the anthro check done in the NIFE building is the final say on pipeline dqs or if that is done with the later visit to NAMI before classing up for NIFE? I received some interesting results and wondering if there’s another shot.
A dude I did NIFE and primary with absolutely rocked the whole program but anthro’d out of jets, specifically for not being able to fit in the T-45 - he would fit in a Hornet or F-35. If you like pulling Gs you can always go back and be a primary IP, they’re almost exclusively helo and maritime dudes.

AFidk

dumb ensign/SNA
I had my anthros taken in Newport then in Pensacola when I checked in, then never again. The system they use in Pensacola is a computer, so its pretty darn accurate. I know people who got pipeline DQed in Newport from human error measurements that were then changed after Pensacola check in.

So there is a way to change it in the system. However, the machine seems to have the final say.
The measurements I just did were not in a machine or anything, just sitting on a box and putting a ruler up to my head, just like normal flight physical. Flight doc called me out for being shifty on the sitting height hahaha. Is there another one after this with a machine like you’re talking about?
View attachment 38633
Let the small guys have their jets.
1692639174494.gif
I welcome my big wing / rotary destiny

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Pensacola Anthro is the final letter of the law. You get no seat checks and no waivers. If you are anthro’d out of helos, you will likely not get a single pipeline waiver for maritime.

Mouselovr

Contributor
The measurements I just did were not in a machine or anything, just sitting on a box and putting a ruler up to my head, just like normal flight physical. Flight doc called me out for being shifty on the sitting height hahaha. Is there another one after this with a machine like you’re talking about?
Unfortunately, no. Their machine might be broken or thrown out since I went through. The one you do in Pensacola is the official one.

It is worthwhile asking for a re-measurement. We had a guy do it in Newport.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I know a Marine who whose measurements were such that he knew exactly the aircraft (AH-1) he was going to fly. Kind of comforting I imagine.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I once knew someone who was anthro'd out of E2/C2, but they didn't make it through intermediate VT(J) and were washed out of aviation. So there can be a double edged sword there....

AFidk

dumb ensign/SNA
Unfortunately, no. Their machine might be broken or thrown out since I went through. The one you do in Pensacola is the official one.

It is worthwhile asking for a re-measurement. We had a guy do it in Newport.
Do you know how one would go about this? Is it a situation where you “earn” a shot by being a primary stud and making an impression that you would ace it in kingsville, and talk to your instructors about your wish to retest? Or can I just show up with a severe haircut after an intense jumping jack session at the flight doc’s office and hope my natural charm convinces them?

V/R and I love all airframes I just prefer keeping doors open.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Do you know how one would go about this? Is it a situation where you “earn” a shot by being a primary stud and making an impression that you would ace it in kingsville, and talk to your instructors about your wish to retest? Or can I just show up with a severe haircut after an intense jumping jack session at the flight doc’s office and hope my natural charm convinces them?

Nah dude. NASC is gonna give you your anthro measurements and that’s pretty much it. If it’s a difference of an inch or two, a couple ejection seat rides from the T-6 would probably do the trick - but I do not recommend this in terms of convincing CNATRA to select you for jets.

AFidk

dumb ensign/SNA
Nah dude. NASC is gonna give you your anthro measurements and that’s pretty much it. If it’s a difference of an inch or two, a couple ejection seat rides from the T-6 would probably do the trick - but I do not recommend this in terms of convincing CNATRA to select you for jets.
CBTM

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

I was about .15 too long on my butt-knee length for the T-45. I fit everything after that fine. I tried getting remeasured, offered to pay my way for a fit check in Meridian, etc, With even that small of a difference I figured it’d be easy but no dice.

I originally got measured at the Academy. I learned afterwards that those measurements had DQd me from everything but P-3s so I wouldn’t have been able to start training. I don’t know why they were off so bad but NAMI actually got me back into flying.

I’m not saying don’t ask, just saying the odds are small you’ll get reevaluated once NAMI has done their measurements.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Does NAMI understand the concept of error bars? Makes you wonder. I mean, the idea that 0.1 inches has any bearing on your ejection survivability is really a joke to anyone who's ever sat in a cockpit.
Yeah, wiggle around in the seat and you can make up that .1 real easy. This was 2006 and they had just stopped allowing fit checks. As a result it seemed like they were toeing a hard line on no remeasurements.