• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

Prin

None
For the strike side of things I started OCS in May of 2021 and just getting started in Advanced.

BravoBeach

pilot
Update: Commissioned Navy May 2021 Reported to Pensacola as a SNA in July 2021. Finished NIFE in November 2021. Assigned to Milton for Primary: July 2022 - October 2022. Started Primary at Milton November 2022. Solo T6 April 2023.

Update: Primary completer at Milton - July 2023. Time in Primary - 1 year, no medical setbacks or any other issues.

Last edited:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A year including wait times to class up? Cuz I started primary in VT2 this week and as much as I like it, I REALLY don’t want it to take a full year
The fleet and its crushing workload isn't going anywhere. There are few better deals on the planet, military or civilian, than being an SNA/SNFO. Milk it for all it's worth, because you ain't getting it back later.

flight_hero

IFT-R is for pilots only. There are NFOs on Navy helicopters. If you are talking about NFO-to-Pilot selectees (as in winged NFO retreading), then you go VFR direct to SNA Primary vice taking a second trip to NASC.
I apologized if it has already been mentioned before but, is IFT-R a part of NIFE or is it a totally different program?