• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Physicals

zuggerat

Spin said:
I went to Syracuse University. Haven't been there in a while. Binghamton too. Used to go to Carribfest/Carnival at Binghamton every year.. DJd a lot down there too. Dayum I miss being young with no responsibility!!!!!!!!!! :)

Peace,

-Spin

small freakin world... i was going to SU up until i found out that i wasnt getting any financial aid because i wasnt poor enough. oh well =)

corpsocgmu

Marine Officer
pilot
DocT said:
I was told flight physicals were to be done at NAS Pensacola due to the sheer number of f@#$ ups taking place with records and paper work at local and regional flight physicals. I haven't been down there since middle school so I'm happy to fly down on the Marine Corps dime.

Dunno if that's true. I have my flight physical on friday here in Norfolk. We'll see how all this goes.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
corpsocgmu said:
Dunno if that's true. I have my flight physical on friday here in Norfolk. We'll see how all this goes.

Yeah, I doubt it is too, but it's what I was told.

helldog

Pending successful MEPS eval., I'm going to P-cola. My friend is an ensign in the USCG; he's saying everyone's consolidating. My recruiter, a GSgt, is saying the same.

UORBulldog

I just did a flight physical at Miramar
did x-rays, dental, bloodwork, urinalysis all that stuff in about 2 hours on Monday and then the cycloplegic eye exam and flight surgeon check, in about 3 hours on thursday... everything went quick and efficient, good corpsman and docs down there at the Miramar medical

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Well, it seems the rumors are true. I'm getting pulled out of school from 30 October through 4 November to fly down with 5 other candidates from my office to NOMI. They are now sending me the chit I have to present to my profs. As suspect as it sounded, this scuttlebutt is actually true. Who'd have thunk it?

FidelisKing

there are several of us from the NJ/PA area flying down to Pensacola for flight physicals sunday morning and leaving late wednesday . like i said in the other thread, i have no idea what we are going to be doing for so long but they want us to bring $100 minimum plus PT gear and we're not allowed to drink alcohol or vigorously exercise starting today (friday). This sucks because i just got my itinerary yesterday to learn that i am not allowed to drink at my Graduation/Selection/Farewell Party:( what ever happened to plan around my schedule??? Anyway im looking forward to it, gotta love when the government pays for you to go to Florida. also it'll give me something to think about as i await ship date. Anyone else going to P'cola sunday

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Didn't you guys get flight physicals prior to selection? Here in the DC area I had to have one done at Pax river before I was even allowed to apply.

FidelisKing

my flight contract was last minute. i was going ground up until around july 4th. first they wanted to make sure i was selected and then send me for a flight physical. we used to go to the place in PA but my OSO said it took too long to have the records send down and back and things were always getting messed up. whereas going to p'cola was direct, no waiting, no mess ups. so here i go 3 weeks prior to ocs

LoneSailor

Hawaii?

I've used the search function in this forum and still haven't found an answer to my question:

Where can I get a flight phys in Hawaii? MCAS Kaneohe? Pearl Harbor?

Thanks.

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
E6286 said:
Didn't you guys get flight physicals prior to selection? Here in the DC area I had to have one done at Pax river before I was even allowed to apply.
My local office (Boston) doesn't send you to P'cola for a flight physical until you are selected. They are sending me down Sunday the 25th.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
That is so strange to me, what if you don't pass it? Then they wasted a spot as well as your time.....

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
E6286 said:
That is so strange to me, what if you don't pass it? Then they wasted a spot as well as your time.....

It's obvious they do things differently at different offices. In Boston, you go to MEPS first. Then you get an cycloplegic eye exam. If you get selected, they fly you to P'cola.

You said yourself that a flight physical and MEPS practically encompass each other. So if we all passed MEPS and the eye exam, according to you we shouldn't have too much to worry about in P'cola, therefore the chances of them 'wasting a spot' on someone not qualified is pretty unlikely.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
A cyclo is much more in depth than the eye exam at MEPS, but I didn't realize you went to MEPS. You are right, it is def. much more unlikely. Have fun in Pcola.