• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Physicals

zuggerat

i just asked my oso about getting a flight physical done and he said i would have to fly down to pensacola to be eval'd by a flight surgeon there.. that sounds like an awful long trip for a flight physical...can this be right?

PS im in NY if that makes any difference

one more thing, anyone have a pdf that shows u how much each segment of the PFT is worth... thanx again

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Lots of guys and gals get their's done at a facility closest to them. I lived in Tampa and had my initial done at Jacksonville. So try to get your OSO to double check on your ability to get it done at a closer location.

T-man

Although I didn't have to go, I was told it was possible I'd need to go to P'cola to meet a flight surgeon there, and I'm in WA state. So no, I'd say it's not completely rediculous... and besides, if they send you, it'll be on their dime. Think of it as an all expenses paid vacation ;)

it's not in PDF format, but here is a breakdown on another website.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blfitmale.htm

zuggerat

well obviously its worth the hassle... just the timing is gonna suck because ill be in school and ill have to miss work in order to get my app in on time for the 192 class... my oso the board is meeting in dec or jan... if all else fails ill go 193 i guess

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
remember, everything you need to do in life will be convienently planned around your schedule.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
I did my flight physical at NAS Pax River in Southern Maryland (I live just outside of DC in Arlington, VA).

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
T-man said:
Although I didn't have to go, I was told it was possible I'd need to go to P'cola to meet a flight surgeon there, and I'm in WA state. So no, I'd say it's not completely rediculous... and besides, if they send you, it'll be on their dime. Think of it as an all expenses paid vacation ;)

it's not in PDF format, but here is a breakdown on another website.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blfitmale.htm
Unless there are waiver issues, any flight surgeon can sign off your physical.

Brett

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I was told flight physicals were to be done at NAS Pensacola due to the sheer number of f@#$ ups taking place with records and paper work at local and regional flight physicals. I haven't been down there since middle school so I'm happy to fly down on the Marine Corps dime.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Really, so they are flying everyone down there now? I did mine at Pax River about a month ago. They said its either there or Pcola. Obvioiusly they preferred to have me drive to Pax River on my own dime lol.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DocT said:
I was told flight physicals were to be done at NAS Pensacola due to the sheer number of f@#$ ups taking place with records and paper work at local and regional flight physicals. I haven't been down there since middle school so I'm happy to fly down on the Marine Corps dime.
There is no way in hell they are going to pay for every applicant to fly to NASP, nor would NOMI be able to handle that kind of load. I think what you have is a bit of bad gouge. How hard is a flight physical? Pass? Here's your up-chit, on your way.

Brett

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
That's the word that was passed, I neither endorse nor fully believe it. Sounds a bit fishy to me as well. I'm just adding to the speculation. Either way, I'd fly down if they told me to.

Raptor2216

What is so different about the physical that has to be at p-cola? I did my flight physical at mirimar back in dec and I can't imagine what else they could possibly have to check at p-cola that they didn't do here. I even had to take sinus x-rays because I had some allergies as a kid. Can someone shed some light on this?

I did my flight physical @ NAS Oceania... drove down there got r done.. no big deal.. Pensacola cant be the closest/cheapest place to send you that makes no sense.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Yeah, I did mine an NAS Pax River (definately closer to you than Pcola). Same phys. they give at NOMI.