• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FLIGHT PHYSICAL DURING TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

How long is a flight physical good for? I took my flight physical in April. I know I dont need to retake it for my application in Dec. But heres the deal... Im probably going to have to go in as ground with the hopes of grabbing an NFO slot. If I go to Jan OCS, will my Physical be good after a year? Or should I get another physical before I go in?

riley

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - the flight physical is valid for 2 years - at which point you take another flight physical. Some things that were tested on your original flight physical will not have to be tested again. Unless you are a glutton for punishment, don't take it again until they require you to.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by orthaj
There is a possibility you can go to IOC before primary, that sounds cool. I have an air contract and report to TBS in Nov. I would consider doing something like that

When you get to know most of your Plt, you'll know who wants to go to IOC. Make a mental note of it, and then towards the end of TBS, say..the war, find out who still wants to go. You'll see a huge change. I thought it was rather funny.

Rotorhead

Make up your mind before you go to Pensacola. Don't go to Pensacola to "give it a shot". You'd be sucking up a slot for a guy who really wants it. Plus if you DOR in Pcola, you will not get a combat arms MOS. If you want combat arms, you had better compete for it at TBS, because thats about your only shot.
Now, before all you nay sayers get your panties in a bunch............... there have been cases of guys getting combat arms MOS's out of Pcola, but they were guys who were NPQ'd or attrites due to flight failure (ie: they gave it 100% but didnt have the monkey skills to do it). Academic failures and DORs have a great shot at supply or adjutant; not that theres anything wrong with that.
Decide what you REALLY want and then give it 100%. Dont go to Pensacola if youre on the fence, not only will you waste your time and theirs, you will be eating up valuable MOS credibility time that will come into play for your selection to Capt and Maj.

Choose wisely

Q-ball

Marine CH-53E Pilot
pilot
Your flight physical expires on the last day of your birth month every year. From what I remember it was the physical that you got in Pensacola before API that tended to NPQ people. We used to call it the NAMI whammy.
I do recall one good thing about getting a physical at TBS. It's after you get your pupils dialated you get to wear sunglasses the rest of the day to class. Nothing pissed of the staff more than seeing you walk down the halls with a pair of shades on. Then when they questioned you, all you do is pull out your medical chit.

Q

Status
Not open for further replies.