• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Physical and "Cubitus Valgus"?

lthc34

Anthro measurements have more to do with functional reach as opposed to "perfect geometry." If your arm setup can still reach per the anthro measurements I don't see what the issue would be. But I'm not a flight doc. Bottom line: don't sweat it. Apply and let the professionals make their assessment when the time comes.

If the physical forms don't specifically ask about this condition I'd be hesitant to offer it up. If I may ask, how do you even find out that you have this? Is it actually a "condition" or just a way to describe how you're built?
I was stretching out my arms in school and saw a kid next to me doing it as well, I looked over and his arm was straight then I looked back at mine, and it was bent. A quick google search and I found this.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I was stretching out my arms in school and saw a kid next to me doing it as well, I looked over and his arm was straight then I looked back at mine, and it was bent. A quick google search and I found this.
So this is self diagnosed as opposed to by a medical professional?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So let's be clear: when filling out paperwork, you don't have this condition. If a doc ends up telling you that you DO have this condition, then make the note accordingly on your form. Until then, say nothing.

I would not be surprised if I've served with several others with this condition...and I wouldn't be surprised if no one knew.

exNavyOffRec

So let's be clear: when filling out paperwork, you don't have this condition. If a doc ends up telling you that you DO have this condition, then make the note accordingly on your form. Until then, say nothing.

I would not be surprised if I've served with several others with this condition...and I wouldn't be surprised if no one knew.

I was under the impression he was diagnosed by a doc, I would recommend the same thing, unless diagnosed by a medical professional then you don't say anything, you are not a doctor and as such are not able to make a diagnosis.

TimeBomb

Noise, vibration and harshness
Dr. Google makes another house call.

I would let this run its course. If you get unwelcome attention at some point, ask for an ortho evaluation. If your anthros are out of whack, ask for a functional check in the aircraft. Women tend to have a more valgus angle to the elbow than men, so I'm thinking that unless it a pretty extreme case, the docs and the aircraft aren't going to notice.
R/

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

Unless a condition has been diagnosed by a qualified physician AND that diagnosis is put in writing as part of your medical record, you do not have said condition. If there's not a paper trail, it didn't happen.

This goes for anything medical related.