• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Pay... WTF?

exhelodrvr

pilot
Yeah but if I get per diem to go to El Centro or to a boat det somewhere, how come i wouldn't get per diem when actually deployed? If it covers food costs when I get sent to a government base, how come they don't have it for a government ship...

I'm absolutely sure that somehow, somewhere, it's related to paying for a golf course at an Air Force base.

MojoLives

pilot
It's AFBS that inmates on the BGFPFAOA (big grey floating prison for aviation over-achievers) are not considered TDY (are they permanent party?) when per diem in OBBI on base with meals provided is like $37.50 a day for det guys..

Depends....in the 'kuni, the MAG keeps all but 9-bucks and change since UDP squadrons are "attached" to them. What you do get is supposed to pay for meals at the chow hall....which has very limited hours that are almost never aligned with the flight schedule. We looked EVERYWHERE for some kind of supporting documentation and couldn't find it - everyone SHOULD be getting 37 bucks.....I guess possession (of the funds) really IS 9-tenths of the law. Thank God for the Chicken Shack, Sea-Jack's and the Gyoza Shop!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's AFBS that inmates on the BGFPFAOA (big grey floating prison for aviation over-achievers) are not considered TDY (are they permanent party?) when per diem in OBBI on base with meals provided is like $37.50 a day for det guys.. yet another thing AFUBAB...
Only the best for our best and brightest!

Sounds like the partial rate, for when places to eat often have limited hours and you have to pay for the meals.

Depends....in the 'kuni, the MAG keeps all but 9-bucks and change since UDP squadrons are "attached" to them. What you do get is supposed to pay for meals at the chow hall....which has very limited hours that are almost never aligned with the flight schedule. We looked EVERYWHERE for some kind of supporting documentation and couldn't find it - everyone SHOULD be getting 37 bucks.....I guess possession (of the funds) really IS 9-tenths of the law. Thank God for the Chicken Shack, Sea-Jack's and the Gyoza Shop!

What they were doing is very shady and I am not sure it was entirely legal, if at all. The Navy guys with MAG-12, including me, got the full amount and we felt bad for the Marines who got shafted. We would ease our guilt by occasionally buying a beer for you all, but then we were over it. :D

Redux

I really hate to threadjack a little bit but I am a little tired of this argument. If some E-3 has got 3 or 4 kids at home and needs food stamps I think it is a little bit bigger than the military's fault. We have to take into account some personal responsibility, like don't have more kids than you can afford!

And I saw more than one sailor with multiple mouths to feed at home whine about how little they were paid a night after they blew $500+ on partying/Russian hookers in Bahrain or Roppongi. Priorities people!

I guess it's the inflation factor again? 2 bucks OR a pack of Salems OR a bullshit line and a chocolate bar would get one a all nighter in Po City. :eek: Add tip and the San Miguel, red eggs and lumpia would keep coming.
A E1 couldn't go broke there!