• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Pay Changes

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
torches.jpg

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
My understanding, from posts in another forum: Navy has not yet approved increase to ACIP. Hoping to have it approved by Feb/Mar, no back pay.

I think what we're seeing on DFAS site (i.e., $1,000 over 10) are the MAX available, if approved by service.

What has me shaking my head is the poor job NPC/PERS has done communicating this. Shaking my head, but not surprised.

:(

Mind posting a link to that thread?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Boo. I may not even see the benefit of this. Booooo.
Benefits of being a professional flight student: the 12 year gate was basically guaranteed. Of course, come 18, I’m fucked. :)

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
My understanding, from posts in another forum: Navy has not yet approved increase to ACIP. Hoping to have it approved by Feb/Mar, no back pay.

I think what we're seeing on DFAS site (i.e., $1,000 over 10) are the MAX available, if approved by service.

What has me shaking my head is the poor job NPC/PERS has done communicating this. Shaking my head, but not surprised.

Oh God, please tell me the Marines have to go along with DoN policy on this. If they are given the option, they'll probably buy deny the flight pay increase and buy more go-fasters, ink sticks and moon beams, because... EXPEDITIONARY!

pelexecute

pilot
None
Hey sevenhelmet,
Flight pay is not standardized. Due to AF pilot retention problems the AF Secretary increased the AF flight pay.
Navy flight pay did not change.:(

Correct, at least on the AF side. I think ours went up to $1000 in October if you had over 14 yrs flying. I didn’t see anything on this site about an increase, so it looks as if the AF did that on its own. I too always thought that ACIP was standard throughout the DoD.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Benefits of being a professional flight student: the 12 year gate was basically guaranteed. Of course, come 18, I’m fucked. :)

I've hit all my gates...the benefits of being in the cockpit my entire career. I just don't think I'll see this in my paycheck before retirement.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are you serving in a designator that merits flight pay?
Yes. Again, why wouldn't I be? I'm a 132X, just like I've been for the last 8 years. Just like I'll probably be for at least the next 5, as long as NAMI, PERS, or someone doesn't come up with something screwy.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I figured you redesignated for your reserve role. Very well then, carry on. :)