• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Pay Changes

tarjas

Alooo-haaa
None
Heads up- just took a look at the new 2018 paychart and noticed a restructuring/increase in flight pay. More money is not bad thing though don't think it will "force shape" in any appreciable manner.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Heads up- just took a look at the new 2018 paychart and noticed a restructuring/increase in flight pay. More money is not bad thing though don't think it will "force shape" in any appreciable manner.

Do you have a link? I can't seem to find the DFAS pay charts for this year yet.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sweet. You’d think this would have been better publicized. First I’ve heard about it, including a lengthy speech by VADM Burke on all the other tweaks PERS is implementing.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
So, has anyone over 6 years flying seen $800/month in flight pay since April 26th? That appears to be the date that the new pay chart took effect.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I think that means if you had that many years of flying as of April 26, 2017.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
That's an hour 10 minutes pay....

48 minutes if I'm getting premium pay (which I usually do for about 25% of my flights).

Oh, quit bragging. Devil's advocate here, but let's say I got hired at Hawaiian today. Assuming the market remains stable, how long will it take me to work my way up to your position and pay scale?

It's OK to be excited; the flight pay is an immediate increase, and most of us AD guys could still choose to go to the airlines at some point in the future. It's not like we turned down your job for the flight pay. Anyone who thinks pilot retention can be fixed with pay and bonuses does not have a solid grasp of the problem. Exhibit A: The USAF.

Thank you for posting the actual link. Sent to the pilots in my squadron, since we've heard nothing about this. :)

Last edited: