• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight canceled after pilot drops F-bombs

navy09

None
I think the cops were called because it was a disturbance (MI: 750.167 PC), just as they would have responded if it had been in any other public place. The fact that it involved a pilot and it took place on an airliner probably had nothing to do with the police being called.

MasterBates

Yelling the F-word to someone on a cell phone is now a disturbance? Apparently I should be arrested every time I talk to my brother or father...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
My understanding is that one of the pax decided the pilot must have been drinking and called the cops. The cops decided he was sober and left. They had nothing to do with cancelling the flight.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Several of you are missing the point. It wasn't the choice of language that the pilot was using (not entirely anyhow), it was his obviously emotional state. As a passenger you have a vested interest in your pilots emotional health and have every right to ask a question if it regards safety.

A few weeks ago a pilot flew his light civil into his mother in law's house, on board the plane was his 8 year old daughter who was also killed. As a passenger how do I know this pilot isn't that upset? Hell, as that guy's copilot, how do I know he's not that upset.

Further, going off on a passenger is totally unsat. I wasn't there and I don't know what the passenger said but unless it was extremely offensive to the pilot he should have handled the passengers questions in a professional manner. You work for the passengers, your job is to get them from point A to point B safely. You are also a professional - act that way. According to all of the articles I've read, and I take them with a grain of salt, this pilot was out of line.

Let me as y'all this, as professional pilots both military and civilian, if your copilot or plane commander was obviously distraught over something say a bad divorce or the loss of a family member, something like that, would you want him to fly with you? What about during a war and you need to put steel on target? How about during a repo in CONUS?

This wasn't about what he said specifically, it was about the pilot's emotional state. If the articles are accuarate, he was obviously not focusing on his job, his preflight, or safety.