• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

first saluting uniform question

trackgain

Okay, so you were his platoon corpsman at one time, but did you help mentor him during his transition to officer. And yes, it is your friends decision, but tell him you are greatful to be asked, but you will be commissioned soon. If you agree, you are watering down a tradition.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Okay, so you were his platoon corpsman at one time, but did you help mentor him during his transition to officer. And yes, it is your friends decision, but tell him you are greatful to be asked, but you will be commissioned soon. If you agree, you are watering down a tradition.
BS, he's not commissioned yet. There is nothing wqrong with this request. It's his friend's first salute, not yours.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I think you're all over thinking the crap out of this.

Step 1: get commissioned
Step 2: wear uniform around outdoors
Step 3: get saluted by someone
Step 4: give silver dollar

navy09

None
As another data point, at my unit, Mids can't do the first salute. When OCs do it, they wear their crackerjacks.

The tradition is representative of an officer's respect for enlisted folks and all we learn from them- not quite the same if a Mid does it, IMO.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I think you're all over thinking the crap out of this.

Step 1: get commissioned
Step 2: wear uniform around outdoors
Step 3: get hit on by hot women
Step 4: get laid
fixed :D