• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First gun, CCW

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Well I thank you for your advice. I don't deny that I've said less than wise things on here before but I don't see that I've done anything like that in this thread and I see the post made by HAL as completely unwarranted. I think my posting has been pretty good of late, and recent rep seems to corroborate that. Regardless, I'm sure that every thread I start will be a travesty waiting to happen even long after (the big IF) I get my wings. Everyone on here can tell me I'll fail but it will only be more motivation for me to suck it up and push harder during OCS/API/Primary/Advanced.

And with that, I am off for the three day weekend! :D

I am not saying your are gonna fail! Did I say he was going to fail? I didn't say you were going to fail. I don't want you to fail. I just want you to have a great time while you are succeeding rather than having to suck it up regarding the wardroom dynamic. I think the bottom line is that you take things maybe, just maybe, a little too seriously and that by letting things roll off you, it will go a lot better for you in all areas of life.

For example, if you hadn't noticed I am something of a Jesus Freak and pretty happy about that. I got more than my share of crap for it early on but I let it roll off. More because I learned from a great deal of taking myself to seriously in the past than because I'm so cool (I'm not cool nor am I funny as my wife tells me all the time) It took effort, but in time it became second nature and people eventually respected it because it is who I am and not because I successfully verbally crushed anybody that flipped me crap. (Wow, run-on sentence #2. Must be Friday (crap-fragment).

One of my best friends and my Pilot in Command on my last crew hardly said a word the first six months in the Squadron and when we eventually became friends the guy cracked me up all the time. I asked him why he never spoke when he got here and he told me this. The Senior pilot told me just to keep my mouth shut and learn so that is what I did. He became a Mission Commander and Instructor Pilot as well as one of the modt respected guys in the squadron. This kind of wisom is GOLD, GOLD I TELL YA!

Okay, end of fatherly rant. At this point if you were here I'd give you a big hug, we'd get a Root Beer and head up to Mount Pilot to see a picture-show. Okay, so that was from Andy Griffith but you get the picture. Go shooting, it will help.

VP Love,

Steve

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
joboy, you still have yet to reply to my question of how much firearms experience do you have.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
joboy, you still have yet to reply to my question of how much firearms experience do you have.

I think he was too busy returning fire to check and see how many rounds he fired, the caliber or weapon.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And I see this thread as having run it's course.

Status
Not open for further replies.