• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First flight of the P-8A Poseidon and all things related to transition

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Minor thread-jack here...but...

Yesterday and today there was a P-8 promotional truck parked down here on the flightline in Corpus. Got to go in today. There was a cockpit simulator and several station mockups. All in all it looked pretty neat. Seemed like much better space utilization is planned for this aircraft than the P-3...although who really knows until it is delivered. The cockpit (or is it a flight deck :icon_wink ) looks nearly identical to one of the 737-400's...which makes sense, and is very user friendly. Neat.

The only negative I have to point out...is that the patch they were giving out is just ridiculous....Multi-mission Maritime Aircraft is just way too many words to put on a aircraft patch...

Desperately in need of a real name...

hscs

pilot
Predator does a much better job in the overland arena, and doesn't cost near as much!

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Predator does a much better job in the overland arena, and doesn't cost near as much!

This may be true...honestly, I have no idea yet...however, I imagine the Predator promotion truck is nowhere near as cool. Hard to set up mock ups for people to walk through.;)

chrispaul

NFO
None
Official name entry:

P-8 EURYALE: Euryale was the mother of Orion and husband of Poseidon. Euryale was also one of the three Gorgons, horrible snake-haired hags (as in Medusa). Snakes emanating from head represents the multitude of vary weapons the P-8 can rain down upon the earth and sea.

No, I'm not a Greek geek, just a couple searches at http://www.godchecker.com/

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before
Official name entry:

Euryale was the mother of Orion and husband of Poseidon.

Is this a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" situation? :icon_tong

God Checker has the following list of pantheons:

THE PANTHEONS

AFRICAN GODS
AUSTRALIAN GODS
AZTEC GODS
CARIBBEAN GODS
CELTIC GODS
CHINESE GODS
EGYPTIAN GODS
FINNISH GODS
GREEK GODS
INCAN GODS
JAPANESE GODS
MAYAN GODS
MESOPOTAMIAN GODS
MIDDLE-EASTERN GODS
NATIVE AMERICAN GODS
NORSE GODS
OCEANIC GODS
ROMAN GODS
SLAVIC and BALTIC GODS
SOUTH AMERICAN GODS
SOUTH-EAST ASIAN

So would the main Austrailian God be......beer? :D

Super Hornet 88

Minor thread-jack here...but...

Yesterday and today there was a P-8 promotional truck parked down here on the flightline in Corpus. Got to go in today. There was a cockpit simulator and several station mockups. All in all it looked pretty neat. Seemed like much better space utilization is planned for this aircraft than the P-3...although who really knows until it is delivered. The cockpit (or is it a flight deck :icon_wink ) looks nearly identical to one of the 737-400's...which makes sense, and is very user friendly. Neat.

I wish they would bring that trailer to airshows....

K63736.jpg

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
How about the P-8 "Swallow(s)?"

Euryale sounds like something that caught caught teh ghey.

How about "Bacchus"? God of wine and partying.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Is that a fact......I wonder why they constantly have P-3's on station then? Maybe I can still get that Predator transition.

Wouldn't be that bad a job. Deploy to Nellis and fly that bad boy from 10K miles away, go home to your wife and house. But then again, we are in the NAVY and we LIKE to forward deploy! It's in our blood.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is that a fact......I wonder why they constantly have P-3's on station then? Maybe I can still get that Predator transition.

Because they don't have enough Predators and other FMV UAV's yet....:D....and that is not entirely a joke either......:confused: :eek: