• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First flight of the P-8A Poseidon and all things related to transition

Bonko

Final Select SNA (Sept 13th)
P-3 to P-8 Transition

So once the P-8 officially joins the fleet are they going to take everyone currently in P-3's and retrain them all on the new airframe?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
T2 (P-8A) Poseidon takes to the air

T2 took to the skies on June 5 and made a fly-by at NAS Whidbey to give the Navy a good look at the P-3 replacement

ce36af56-ca90-4efa-a9c8-67cd577269f7.Large.jpg

Flugelman

Contributor
Saw this over on another forum. Interesting that someone (Boeing?) is still flying a TV-2/T-33 as a chase plane.

P8.jpg

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
My 1st jet training hop in Banana school was in a Navy T-1B (TV-2) in 1966, my last Navy prop flight was in an SP-2H(P2V-7) in 1974 and last Navy logbook hop was an F-4N in 1981. My, how time flies when you're having fun. Am sure the P-3 & P-8 will bring similar memories to the current & future generations of naval aviators. It is a proud tradition that preceded us, will continue on after us and which we are all fortunate to share. God bless 'em all.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Saw this over on another forum. Interesting that someone (Boeing?) is still flying a TV-2/T-33 as a chase plane.

It's a Boeing jet IIRC. I used to see/hear them flying around the Seatac/Boeing Field area on occaison when I was flying in the PNW. Nice example

Loco

P-8 Info

Good Morning All,
I just commissioned from STA-21 and I am stashed at the ROTC unit until I get my SNFO orders to Pensacola, which may not be for a long while. I was wondering if anyone knew when you would be able to select P-8s. And if there were going to be replacements for the EP-3s. I was a former IT with TS so would that factor in to selection if I wanted VQ squadrons or the like? Thanks

P3 F0

None
Don't you worry about it.... it won't be a factor for you. They won't be pumping line versions until 2012 or 13, if I'm reading the articles correctly. You'll have your wings before then. Over the next several years, only five trial jets will be made.

If I'm wrong, someone will be in to correct me shortly.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
If you get into the VP community now and stay in the Navy for the next decade, you'll fly in the P-8.

Though this sounds like it is in the same family as a 'what % get jets' question...

torpedo0126

If you get into the VP community now and stay in the Navy for the next decade, you'll fly in the P-8.

Though this sounds like it is in the same family as a 'what % get jets' question...

I don't think so, he just wants to know if selecting the P-8 will be an option around the time he gets commissioned.

Also, I don't believe having a TS clearance now will help you at all. Most people start the process at the beginning/end of primary anyways.