• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First flight of the P-8A Poseidon and all things related to transition

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Was wondering the same thing yesterday, went to all dashes and then today it seems to have reset itself up to 138 days or something like that. Maybe that's when the microwave cooks up its first burrito.

I unplugged the damn thing Tuesday...apparently someone decided wasting electricity is awesome...it may need to be relocated to a bar/O-club...

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I unplugged the damn thing Tuesday...apparently someone decided wasting electricity is awesome...it may need to be relocated to a bar/O-club...

Mebbe you should have read it: they changed the words on it from "Days to First Flight of P-8" to "Days until Navy receives first P-8".

I imagine someone in the FIT office has a selection of different plastic title boards for it for all the different milestones.

Yeah, okay: waste of electricity. . .

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
P-8A Poseidon first flight

web_090425-0-0000X-003.jpg

090425-0-0000X-003 SEATTLE (April 27, 2009) A Boeing P-8A Poseidon test aircraft T-1 conducts a test flight April 25, 2009. The aircraft completed a series of tests during the 3 hour, 31 minute flight and reached an altitude of 25,000 feet before landing at Boeing Field in Seattle. (Photo courtesy Boeing/Released)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
web_090425-0-0000X-003.jpg

090425-0-0000X-003 SEATTLE (April 27, 2009) A Boeing P-8A Poseidon test aircraft T-1 conducts a test flight April 25, 2009. The aircraft completed a series of tests during the 3 hour, 31 minute flight and reached an altitude of 25,000 feet before landing at Boeing Field in Seattle. (Photo courtesy Boeing/Released)

It's 'the Gherkin'! :D

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor

After all that guff in the beginning of this thread about the promo pics of the P8 and the mountain flying, the first goddamn picture of the thing flying is over snow-capped peaks.:icon_rage

High altitude ASW! Yay!:sleep_125

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
Mebbe you should have read it: they changed the words on it from "Days to First Flight of P-8" to "Days until Navy receives first P-8".

I imagine someone in the FIT office has a selection of different plastic title boards for it for all the different milestones.

Yeah, okay: waste of electricity. . .

You're assuming I read it in the first place. I'm sure the budget for P-8 plastic title boards has priority over PCS money for the rest of the year.

koolaiddrinker

"Strategic Planner" Hahahahahahaha
pilot
You guys realize that the raked wingtip vs. winglet debate will be the first mindless piece of minutia that new P-8 guys have to learn in the grand tradition of P-3 aviation?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You guys realize that the raked wingtip vs. winglet debate will be the first mindless piece of minutia that new P-8 guys have to learn in the grand tradition of P-3 aviation?
Not if I and many other like minded pilots have anything to say about it. :D You with me?!? .... sigh ....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I, for one, shall miss the passing of the venerable P-3 Orion ... clipped wingtips, smokin' exhaust & all ... ACTUALLY ... I think it's a pretty good lookin' aircraft, overall ....

It was one of my first NAVAIR rides ... and one of the reasons I was convinced that my boyhood fantasies were correct: I wanted to be a Naval Aviator.

Q.E.D.