• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Finishing Up!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Hello from Whidbey Island. Holy crap, its cold.... I played golf yesterday afternoon and had to wear long pants and a sweater. Let's not forget that its still JULY!!! I guess I really cant complain because it is so beautiful here. I've finally got some light at the end of the tunnel as far as finding a house goes. Its been a little more difficult for me because I want to live outside of Oak Harbor, the main part of town. I've found a couple of places off the beaten path and closer to the water. I went mountain bike and kayak shopping today. This is definitely the place to be if you like expensive outdoor toys.

As far as school goes - I'm not having fun. This class is called AVEWS, Aviation Electonic Warfare School. It sucks. Imagine the geekiest NFO you could imagine teaching, then throw in some ElectroMagnetism lectures, Circuits, and all the rest of that Physics II type stuff and that's what you've got. The class is going way beyond the scope of what I, as the driver, need to know. Even worse is the fact that much of the material is classified and it can not leave the classroom. That means having to go back to work to study at nights and on the weekends. I know this is not anything that is much different from other communities, but it still sucks.

Naval Aviator, Prowlers.

Rainman

pilot
Jack--

You still looking for this book? I have it. Can part with it. Good read.

Semper Fi

quote:
Someone mentioned a book entitled IRONCLAW. I have since done some research on said book and found that it has been out of print for quite some time/years. If anyone has this book and would not mind parting with it for a few weeks I would much appreciate it. I'ld like to buy it from someone or just borrow it and send it back. If anyone can help out please let me know. Thanks.

Jack

jec

Heineken

SNA Advanced, Meridian
quote:Jack, check out amazon.com for IRONCLAW, you can get it used for cheap. By the way, great book, author gives a good "from the cockpit perspective" Jonathan

Someone mentioned a book entitled IRONCLAW. I have since done some research on said book and found that it has been out of print for quite some time/years. If anyone has this book and would not mind parting with it for a few weeks I would much appreciate it. I'ld like to buy it from someone or just borrow it and send it back. If anyone can help out please let me know. Thanks.

Jack

jec

Status
Not open for further replies.