• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

eminemdiy123

What I did, I routed a special request chit through my COC for them to approve my release for transfer with a specific class date. Just look up the OCS classes on CETARS (the school code is 03W5). And on your special request chit state that you want to attend a specific class date so that they can send an email to NRC stating that you want to go into a specific class date.
Thank you very much.

Just to give everyone an idea but will see everyone in the 16JUN19 class. Now I just need my official orders to transfer commands. Hopefully those come soon.

Board convene date: 05NOV18
Board results: 12DEC18
Final Selection: 18APR19
Class Date: 16JUN19
Does finsel usually take this long to get results?

SilverSierra

Future SWO
Does finsel usually take this long to get results?

I sure hope not. Others have said it can be between 3-6 weeks on average.

If boosting personnel numbers is an indicator that the Navy needs more people sooner than later; I am counting on the possibility that they might expedite processing to get ready for the largest recruitment numbers since 2003(ish.)

Rocki

ENS/SNA
I’m starting to understand why it’s called purgatory lmao. This waiting is killing me and it’s only been a couple weeks.

You and me BOTH, patience is a virtue brother. Follow up with your recruiter, keep working out, keep your drive and wait for your final select!

Congratulations on the select as well!

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
You and me BOTH, patience is a virtue brother. Follow up with your recruiter, keep working out, keep your drive and wait for your final select!

Congratulations on the select as well!
That’s all I’ve been doing lmao. Hopefully we’ll class up soon

SilverSierra

Future SWO
Good luck to all of you still in the finsel purgatory. Keep working out, and keep that fire inside of you stoked ??

Easy for you to say if you only have five days to wait. I am ProRec'ed and still awaiting a class date... or verbal estimate.

NIce words of encouragement though. ;)

got word from recruiter's office that there is a "new" policy where FINSEL's aren't finalized until 30 days prior of expected ship date. Didn't see it mentioned it anywhere on here, but just a heads up for all of you/us waiting on them!