• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Hayley D.

I ended up not applying CEC. I know two guys who are both JGs in the CEC though currently, and they do some cool stuff. But I preferred aviation if possible, so I accepted that before ever going to a CEC board.
Thanks for your reply! I was curious as we have close stats. I just found out I have been accepted to CEC.

and with that... checking in from 24JUL CEC board. Hoping for an October OCS date.

DONOSAURU5REX

pilot
I guess I should finally check in here... Prorec-Y for SNA from 11July aviation board. Command release is January 2018 so I expect to be in purgatory for a while...

egri

Does anyone know how the OCS slots work? As in the typical OCS class is between 40-100 people averaging about 70. From what I've read from a 2002 thread on AW it changes constantly based on who gets rolled, medically disqualified, DOR. Mainly, does NRC place priorities on certain designators for OCS slots or are they divided equally among SNFO,SNA,SWO,Supply, IW, etc?

From what I remember from a different thread (and this is just off the top of my head and could be wrong) the Navy has quotas for each designation that have to commission from OCS in each fiscal year. In the 12 April 2017 SNA/SNFO Board thread, there are a few posts about how NRC was at risk of missing their SNFO quota, so some people who applied SNA only were picked up for SNFO, and the SNFO selectees had a very quick turnaround time for their FINSELs. I don't know if the yearly quotas are broken down further in to each class or not.

BravoAMF

Selected SWO from the March 6 board, but barely any movement as far as I can tell. Fingerprints were done about 2-3 months ago and I received a background interview from the NBIB 2 weeks ago. Any SWO's from my board or earlier still waiting? I did have a call in early June from the processor asking if I was available to go to OCS that weekend, which was just 4 days away, but I had to defer at that time due to a personal situation and family commitments. Then soon afterward, I injured my wrist and told my recruiter's LT that I might have problems with pushups if I was to go to OCS soon. I don't know if he reported my injury to anyone, but I wonder if that delayed my process if he did. I'm healed up now though. I'm just trying to understand why my OCS date is taking so long to be finalized as I've seen other SWO applicants from later boards receive their OCS dates already

I had to resubmit my fingerprints after being ProRec Y. Once I sent them in it took about a 10 days for them to open the investigation.
That's what I'm waiting for, I am ProRecY as well, all I am waiting to do is swear in, sign papers and figure out my ship date. Playing the waiting game

BravoAMF

I spoke one day too soon. I just received a call from San Diego. They had a few slots left this year and I took one in October. No final date yet, but I expect my FINSEL within the next month. Looks like about 7 months wait time for this SWO applicant, so I hope you other SWO applicants don't have to wait that long

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
I spoke one day too soon. I just received a call from San Diego. They had a few slots left this year and I took one in October. No final date yet, but I expect my FINSEL within the next month. Looks like about 7 months wait time for this SWO applicant, so I hope you other SWO applicants don't have to wait that long

A few slots left this year? That just seems hard to believe. They took 119 applicants in May, and 40 more in August. I'd be shocked if we (from the May board) didn't go to OCS until 2018. I'm going to hold on to RUFIO's November-ish comment....

Carina

A few slots left this year? That just seems hard to believe. They took 119 applicants in May, and 40 more in August. I'd be shocked if we (from the May board) didn't go to OCS until 2018. I'm going to hold on to RUFIO's November-ish comment....
Remember the the fiscal year starts in October not in January

BravoAMF

I thought about how the recruiter/processor worded his statement to me. He said there were two slots in October, one slot in November, and one slot in December. At first I thought there were only 4 slots left for SWO's this year, but I now think he was just indicating which classes I would be a part of. So if new OCS classes convene every 3 weeks and assuming there is no new class during the holidays, I think he meant I could go into one of two October classes, the November class, or the December class.

Last edited:

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
I thought about how the recruiter/processor worded his statement to me. He said there were two slots in October, one slot in November, and one slot in December. At first I thought there were only 4 slots left for SWO's this year, but I now I think he was just indicating which classes I would be a part of. So if new OCS classes convene every 3 weeks and assuming there is no new class during the holidays, I think he meant I could go into one of two October classes, the November class, or the December class.

That makes a lot more sense (and makes me feel better, lol). I think you're right. Maybe by "slots" he meant "classes". At least I hope!