• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
Some of you guys are saying you have "projected ship dates" or are "looking to" certain class dates or are "slated for" certain class dates. Just wondering where you're getting this information/what it means? Do you actually have FINSELs/orders, or is this just your recruiter's best guess? Or something you've heard from someone else? Genuinely curious because I've heard nothing like this. Thanks in advance.

Carina

Some of you guys are saying you have "projected ship dates" or are "looking to" certain class dates or are "slated for" certain class dates. Just wondering where you're getting this information/what it means? Do you actually have FINSELs/orders, or is this just your recruiter's best guess? Or something you've heard from someone else? Genuinely curious because I've heard nothing like this. Thanks in advance.
same here! I guess there are some cool recruiters out there who share their estimates based on experience and what they know the needs of the Navy are. I, on the other hand, am like you....my recruiter does not tell me anything that isn't a fact! Perhaps my recruiter has had bad experiences with applicants in the past who have taken everything as a fact and have gotten upset, so I never get a yes or no unless there is proof lol. A little upsetting but I understand

npm724

None
Most accurately, my recruiter's best guess I'd say. I was told to expect FINSEL very soon and I'd be at OCS either 3 or 6 weeks after since they're pushing through SNA/SNFOs to OCS a little faster than most.

Cgunner91

Supply Corps
July 17 Board Pro Rec NFO checking into purgatory. Hoping for September. Currently doing 3+ miles 3x a week with a friend. Weight training 5x a week with 12 sets for each muscle group. Two sets of 50 pushups and situps mixed in. According to an LTJG I spoke with at my NORS, I'm sure we'll be doing countless pushups, burpees and flutter kicks lol.

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
same here! I guess there are some cool recruiters out there who share their estimates based on experience and what they know the needs of the Navy are. I, on the other hand, am like you....my recruiter does not tell me anything that isn't a fact! Perhaps my recruiter has had bad experiences with applicants in the past who have taken everything as a fact and have gotten upset, so I never get a yes or no unless there is proof lol. A little upsetting but I understand

Lol, yes it definitely sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I keep seeing people say this and I'm like, wait, am I missing something.. Glad to hear I am not the only one! Hopefully we find out soon!

Jeff Sheets

I just got word that my security clearance has been started (took about 9 days after submitting fingerprints a 2nd time) and the Final Select letter should be working it's way towards me. Looks like I'm back on the hurry up and wait roller coaster until I hear what OCS date I get.

Buster95

pilot
I'm still in college for another year, but according to my recruiter I'm waiting on a FINSEL, so I guess I'm checking in here now...
I'm still in the same boat. It's an odd feeling being in purgatory for this long, but the time will pass quickly. My buddy who was picked up in the same board as me is about to commission...meanwhile, I still have one semester of college left.

Last edited:

Hayley D.

First, damn that wolf sanctuary/mountain guide gig combo sounds cool.

I'd say about the same though, on the preparation end. I've worked out (crossfit, swimming, ran a marathon, etc) regularly for the past several years, but I've been focusing extra attention for a month or so on getting reps out on the three movements we're going to be tested on: pushups, situps, and the 1.5 miler. Run 400 and 800m sprints to get your run time down faster. And memorize as much of Appendix B beforehand.

The way I view it, every edge I can get before I'm doing this in a much more chaotic setting is for the best.
I saw on your profile you were going to try for CEC, were you ever in a board for that?

npm724

None
I saw on your profile you were going to try for CEC, were you ever in a board for that?
I ended up not applying CEC. I know two guys who are both JGs in the CEC though currently, and they do some cool stuff. But I preferred aviation if possible, so I accepted that before ever going to a CEC board.

Jeff Sheets

Does anyone know how the OCS slots work? As in the typical OCS class is between 40-100 people averaging about 70. From what I've read from a 2002 thread on AW it changes constantly based on who gets rolled, medically disqualified, DOR. Mainly, does NRC place priorities on certain designators for OCS slots or are they divided equally among SNFO,SNA,SWO,Supply, IW, etc?